8 New HD RSN Channels Added 7/11

I had to end up rebooting my receiver and the channel came in. Just checked tonight and it's on fine. Another E receiver oddity : )

It did look very good last night. I might start watching the M's again!.

:)

I posted this in a different thread, but I thought I would post in a more popular thread. I tried to tune in SNYHD to check out there PQ and I keep losing satellite signal. I did a check switch and a receiver reboot w/ no luck. I still get all of my other HD channels on the same satellite(61.5). Only having trouble w/ SNYHD. Why would I only have an issue w/ one channel? Doesn't make sence to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

STO (Ohio) is on 381 -- but on Sat 129. Most Ohio subs are on 61.5 - not 129.

As far as I know, hey have no intention of mirroring.

You're right.

I meant that there are more subs getting their HD (Voom) on 61.5 than 129.

That's where STO should have been, or mirrored on both.

The VOOM channels are on 129' today. All Ohio locals carried by Dish are on 105, 110, 119, or 129. Anyone with the HD package likely has had their 105 SuperDish or Dish 500 replaced with a Dish 1000.

I get STO SD and all Cleveland locals, but I can't get STO HD, as I am not pointed to 129. I too wish they put it on 61.5. :(

they only stuff they're gonna put on 61.5 is for those who are supossed to be pointed at 61.5 (the people that cant see 129)

you're supossed to be pointed at 129

Well if we are supposed to be pointed at 129 rather than 61.5 then why did they point us all at 61.5? I know the answer is VOOM was originally only at 61.5.

The VOOM channels are on 129' today. All Ohio locals carried by Dish are on 105, 110, 119, or 129. Anyone with the HD package likely has had their 105 SuperDish or Dish 500 replaced with a Dish 1000.

Let's see:

STO is essentially a Cleveland channel (the home of Cleveland Indians). Currently all nine Cleveland locals are on 110. STO-SD and Fox Sports Ohio are both on 119. So, all Cleveland stations can be received with Dish500

Some time ago at least a couple of Cleveland channels used to be on 61.5. That's why E* was installing 61.5 dish for everyone who ordered locals (or VOOM).

Now they suddenly put STO-HD on 129, which was never needed in Cleveland market... :confused:

Some time ago at least a couple of Cleveland channels used to be on 61.5.
And that was declared as illegal by Congress. A city's local channels all had to be available via (1) dish.
Now they suddenly put STO-HD on 129, which was never needed in Cleveland market...
Call Dish and tell them you need a Dish 1000 installed. I'm positive that if a channel you pay for is on a satellite that you currently can't "see", Dish will install the needed dish for free.

Now they suddenly put STO-HD on 129, which was never needed in Cleveland market... :confused:

More than just the Cleveland market gets STO. There would be many people very upset if it was just put on 61.5. It is also a waste of bandwidth on 61.5 since 129 covers the footprint of the STO viewing area.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)