811 has white spots across top of pic!!!

mattyro

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
has anyone heard of or experienced this problem??? My 811 has a row of white dots across the top of the picture. At first I thought a light may be coming thru the holes in the back of the tv--that wasnt it. the dots are nowhere to be found on any of my 6 other inputs. I hoped my component cables were defective cuz the downrezzed pic using red,white +yellow cables is fine. I switched to the DVI output and the dots are still there. appearantly it is only a hidef problem. I am ready to call and swap boxes-- maybe get a cheap 921!!

Does this happen on all channels or just on 1 or a few? On certain channels (for me its only OTA) there can be some white dots and bars that flash across the top of the image on the screen. I'm told (on this and other forums) that it is due to the way in which the provider is doing their closed caption information and what I'm seeing is this data in the form of these white bars and dots flashing. One local channel had this issue and then they did some change and it went away. Not sure if this is what you have but it may be