H365 has arrived

Josh.M, my Joey 4s PTAT folder recordings drop down menu no longer works. No longer can save a recording from the Joey. H3 is on H365 and J4s are P524 and P624. Drop down menu works ok in my H3. See attached pic of the drop down menu that is missing in my Joey 4's PTAT recordings.
that time remaining is exactly what I see when my recordings will not play back, just stuck at black screen .. (cant comment on ptat, i only have it for 1 day, this is more the remaining time, and not working playback)

1698751037858.png

Reactions: charlesrshell
Resume should be fixed in 365 - seeing other issues with trick modes jumping to live tv though.
Ok thanks for the response, I have Hopper 2 which has the RESUME problem w last weeks download(264). My Hopper has not received the new download yet, but I have seen posts saying 365 has the same issue, so hesitant to do the manual download.

Ok thanks for the response, I have Hopper 2 which has the RESUME problem w last weeks download(264). My Hopper has not received the new download yet, but I have seen posts saying 365 has the same issue, so hesitant to do the manual download.

Your box will update to 265 on your next nightly reset - let me know if you experience the skip to live tv issue and I can add yours to the list for engineering to investigate (if your receiver is IP connected). You can DM me your receiver number.

Your box will update to 265 on your next nightly reset - let me know if you experience the skip to live tv issue and I can add yours to the list for engineering to investigate (if your receiver is IP connected). You can DM me your receiver number.
Ok, it did update last night to 265. Did a couple of initial tests, issue of skip to live while recording seems to be resolved.

Ok, it did update last night to 265. Did a couple of initial tests, issue of skip to live while recording seems to be resolved.
We're still getting reports of it occurring - seems to be more intermittent now. I've only been able to duplicate it by rapidly pressing the skip forward button so as long as you space your presses by half a second it seems to be okay.

I finally updated to H365 from H364 on the Hopper 3 and it appears that Update Software would either trigger the 061 Vital Download screen for 10 seconds at the most without any progress and then it either reboots or it goes into the standby mode for one second before rebooting. The issue appears that when the Hopper 3 reboots, it is not showing the 061 Vital Download screen where it does the software download but instead either going directly to live programming or Acquiring Signal. So basically it took 6 tries before the 6th time, it did show the 061 Vital Download screen and downloaded H365 before it updated successfully so it seems there is a bug where the Update Software will see there is a new version but the boot sequence only randomly does the 01 Vital Download screen to do the actual download which was probably the reason the previous attempts were unsuccessful.

We're still getting reports of it occurring - seems to be more intermittent now. I've only been able to duplicate it by rapidly pressing the skip forward button so as long as you space your presses by half a second it seems to be okay.
We're talking two different issues, I was referring to the Resume skip to live. Actually, I never had an issue going forward, I don't watch any commercials and skip over the halftimes. I usually go fairly fast, I forward the halftimes at once rapid fire, but yes, spaced, 12 to 20 minutes depending whether its college or NFL. Of course most recorded programming is finished and waiting for me. I'll let you know if I experience this problem.

We're talking two different issues, I was referring to the Resume skip to live. Actually, I never had an issue going forward, I don't watch any commercials and skip over the halftimes. I usually go fairly fast, I forward the halftimes at once rapid fire, but yes, spaced, 12 to 20 minutes depending whether its college or NFL. Of course most recorded programming is finished and waiting for me. I'll let you know if I experience this problem.
They are probably somewhat related because it does involve playback functions. I reported the playback issue with recordings with H362 and it would show a incorrect remainng time while the recording length is correct but playback, you can't skip forward as all it will do is it will go back to the start of the recording again or in some scenarios, it will not playback anything beyond a certain point and acts like you just finished watching the entire recording and offers to Start over or Delete. Now, I don't have the incorrect time issue with H364, not sure about H365 but there are some recordings where skip will just go back to the beginning but fast forward and playback works fine all the way to the end.

Last edited:
They are probably somewhere related because it does involve playback functions. I reported the playback issue with recordings with H362 and it would show a incorrect remainng time while the recording length is correct but playback, you can't skip forward as all it will do is it will go back to the start of the recording again or in some scenarios, it will not playback anything beyond a certain point and acts like you just finished watching the entire recording and offers to Start over or Delete. Now, I don't have the incorrect time issue with H364, not sure about H365 but there are some recordings where skip will just go back to the beginning but fast forward and playback works fine all the way to the end.
Gotcha, will try to duplicate on my Hopper 2 w 265.

I have a different issue. 365 downloaded last night. Since then many of my DVR recordings will not load and are stuck at the blue bar trying to load. An example is Yellowstone. There are 8 episodes from CBS but if you click on them the recordings don’t load. But, if you click on Yellowstone in the PTAT folder the current episode will load and play. Other recordings are the same.

Update, if there is only a single recording it will play but, if multiple episodes the episode won’t load or play. Also noticed that if it is still loaded in home page as a recent recording you can click and play that new episode even if multiple other episodes but still no way to see and play the older episodes.

I haven't noticed the "skip to live" problem on 364 or 365, but I don't have much experience with the latter, yet. On both versions, I have suffered from rapid presses of the skip forward button going into FF instead. :(

Ok looks like to me for live recording, don't even hold down the FF, you have to space it, single press can be fairly fast. If you do, it's bonkers, I can't even name all the issues. It definitely skips to live, I may have even lost some of the recording. I'll know more tonight, I will live record a college football game along w the WS, and see if I can go back and forth without screwing it up. This is for Hopper 2 (265). But should be the same as 365, at least what I've been told. Very disappointing, in fact ridiculous, especially since it looks like Dish is struggling to correct this. Updates should not be FORCED on users, let them do it manually and that way they can wait and check to see if it's ok. Like some web browsers, you can check a box for auto update. I was perfectly happy w what I had, enjoying the multiple sports till last week. Price we're paying, this is UNACCEPTABLE.

Ok looks like to me for live recording, don't even hold down the FF, you have to space it, single press can be fairly fast. If you do, it's bonkers, I can't even name all the issues. It definitely skips to live, I may have even lost some of the recording. I'll know more tonight, I will live record a college football game along w the WS, and see if I can go back and forth without screwing it up. This is for Hopper 2 (265). But should be the same as 365, at least what I've been told. Very disappointing, in fact ridiculous, especially since it looks like Dish is struggling to correct this. Updates should not be FORCED on users, let them do it manually and that way they can wait and check to see if it's ok. Like some web browsers, you can check a box for auto update. I was perfectly happy w what I had, enjoying the multiple sports till last week. Price we're paying, this is UNACCEPTABLE.
That would be ideal but updates when it is with a service provider whether it is Internet including customer owned Cable modems or provider equipment or in the case of Directv, CableTV and DISH, the updates are always forced because I think they want everyone using the same software and configuration so if something is wrong, everyone will have the problem is the drawback. I still wonder what software versions did those who were on the test version(s) with the last one being H361 actually get or did they all just get migrated to H362 like the normal users did.

190.00​

the updates are always forced because I think they want everyone using the same software and configuration so if something is wrong, everyone will have the problem is the drawback.
Oh I'm sure your right and would never happen. Get Real, you put out updates and don't TEST every function?

Mercy, Please.

190.00​

Oh I'm sure your right and would never happen. Get Real, you put out updates and don't TEST every function?

Mercy, Please.
This is how products are these days or the last 10 years or so... It's like the users are the testers as they always try to rush to market. Maybe it's like the old software saying, a bug is a feature since otherwise they woudn't have anything to fix which means no job. Here is a example...

Well, this Crazy Ole Man has to EAT CROW. I'm watching three games at once tonight, no issues. Yes, do not hit FF Live, but you can pause (effectively stopping live), and then FF w the 15, 60, 300. I can stop on the mark easily using 60. I am using the Hopper 2, update 265. Biggest issue is switching between programming & not waiting a second which will just start the program over, but can be avoided w patience / remember. My apologies for posting wrong information and to Josh M, especially if he read my reply rant to him before I deleted it.