H365 has arrived

My Hopper 3 did not update last nite but my Joey 4s did. H3 still on H364

Joey 4 P524 10/25/2023 at 12:42 AM
Wireless Joey 4 P624 10/25/2023 at 12:42 AM

Reactions: LQQK
I tried 4 times to do a manual software update from H364.

First time, it showed the Downloading Software update immediately but the progress meter didn't move and then rebooted a few seconds later into Acquire Signal followed by Complete Signal Loss
Second time, it showed the standby screen and then rebooted into Acquire Signal followed by Complete Signal Loss
Third time, it rebooted and then went into standby mode and when out of standby mode, it showed Acquire Signal followed by Complete Signal Loss
Fourth time, it rebooted and then rebooted into Acquire Signal followed by Complete Signal Loss

So it seems it is getting a response that there is a update available but just not downloading it.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Josh.M, my Joey 4s PTAT folder recordings drop down menu no longer works. No longer can save a recording from the Joey. H3 is on H365 and J4s are P524 and P624. Drop down menu works ok in my H3. See attached pic of the drop down menu that is missing in my Joey 4's PTAT recordings.

Attachments

• df001f6a-5661-40b3-a167-a1005b09a005.jpg
    df001f6a-5661-40b3-a167-a1005b09a005.jpg
    324.1 KB · Views: 112
Josh.M, my Joey 4s PTAT folder recordings drop down menu no longer works. No longer can save a recording from the Joey. H3 is on H365 and J4s are P524 and P624. Drop down menu works ok in my H3. See attached pic of the drop down menu that is missing in my Joey 4's PTAT recordings.
Does anyone else have this issue? Can someone that has a Hopper 3 with Joey 4s test it for me?

Does anyone else have this issue? Can someone that has a Hopper 3 with Joey 4s test it for me?
Charles, I can confirm that. The dropdown is now at the top as you can see in the attachment. I also had trouble stopping playback. I had to keep pressing the options button several times before the stop option would stay on the screen long enough to stop the playback.

Donald

Attachments

• 2023-10-28_10-37-01.jpg
    2023-10-28_10-37-01.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 93
My Hopper has not updated yet, but I am curious if H365 actually fixes any of the problems introduced with H364? In particular, the very annoying 1 to 2 second screen blackouts that randomly happens.

Charles, I can confirm that. The dropdown is now at the top as you can see in the attachment. I also had trouble stopping playback. I had to keep pressing the options button several times before the stop option would stay on the screen long enough to stop the playback.

Donald
dsimmon9, I don't see the menu that is in your pic. Did you start at the PTAT folder in your Joey 4 and then select a recording? When I do that there is no menu of any kind, the recording starts to play. It use to present a menu when you select a recording so you can watch, resume, save, save series, or delete, etc, the recording. I want to save the recording to the Hopper's recording folder. See my pic in post #9. It has been working fine for years. Same issue if my Joey 4 is linked to either my Hopper 3 or my Hopper Plus. The PTAT menu still works fine in the Hopper.

I wonder if the hiccups that have appeared recently could be connected somehow with the recent claims that advertisers can select who gets what ads where?
They appear when a local ad obviously replaces a national ad. You can hit jump back during the inserted ad to see the national ad or get out of a black screen lockup.
My wife encountered a black screen freeze this morning and when she regained control after skipping back a total of seven commercials played.

Last edited:
I'll test this, looks like an old bug with the duration is back.

Yea - it used to be harmless and more just "annoying" as it would display the duration of the recording incorrectly, but if its preventing playback we've clearly got a bigger problem.
It plays back ok. I like to save some PTAT recordings from the Joey 4 to the Hopper's regular recording folder. Can't do that without the drop down menu that doesn't work anymore.

Reactions: Tampa8