8300 questions

8300 at home...

So I went today and picked up an 8300. I installed it. Not difficult. Followed the instructions and it came up within 20-30 minutes. I actually set up one program to record regularly. Not terribly hard but not nearly as easy as my Tivo. I can live with that for now.

One thing I noticed, however, is the pq doesn't seem as good as with the original HD box. I belive I selected 1080i (what my set supports) in the setup (that wasn't terribly easy to tell) so I'm not sure why it's not as sharp. ESPN, which looked great with the old box (specifially Sportscenter), looks not nearly as sharp. It's almost grainy. How do I go in and verify I'm at 1080i and not another resolution? I was quite happy with the HD pq with the other box.

Thanks.

The Rickster

1080i

Well, it seems as if I'm set to 1080i (looks like you've got to go back into the setup wizard to get there). There are some things which look great and others which look almost grainy. The in-studio stuff on ESPN HD looks almost grainy while other things (the flashy graphics and highlights in HD) look great. INHD also looks great. Not sure what's happening there. I've always thought the in-studio stuff on ESPN HD looked awesome (with Voom and dtv). Anyone notice this?

Also, I've been playing with recording things. However, I can't seem to be able to figure out how to delete a recording. I can't find anything in the manual and I don't see anything in the controls.

Other than that, I'm happy (so far) with everything. Sure, I'd rather have my Tivo interface but the 8300 interface is (at least) useable.

The Rickster

GadgetRick said:
Also, I've been playing with recording things. However, I can't seem to be able to figure out how to delete a recording. I can't find anything in the manual and I don't see anything in the controls.

The Rickster

rick

How do I block or erase individual recordings in my recorded list or change the save time for the recording?
Highlight the recording on the Recorded List screen, then press Select on the remote control. An Options screen appears for the program you selected.

also

this is a good site for everything you need to know about features http://www.scientificatlanta.com/consumers_new/CableBoxes/8300hd.htm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)