888-285-9984 - Dish Network Marketing? They wont stop calling.

AntiMoz

Livin' the Dream
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 11, 2005
Western NY
For about the last two months I have been receiving very frequent calls from 888-285-9984. The first time they called and I answered they told me they were from Dish Network and wanted me to check my setup and if I was near my TV. My account is tied to my cellphone (no landline at my home) and I was out of the house at the time. At first I thought it was the audit team but upon further checking on other forums it appears that this number is tied to the Dish Network Marketing department.

At the advice of one of the forums I read, I called the number and sure enough it was identified as a Dish Network Marketing number. An option is given to opt out of receiving marketing calls and I did so.

Now, several weeks later, I'm continuing to receive the calls, sometimes three times a day. I do not answer them. Can one of the Dish Internet Response Team members confirm that this is a marketing number for Dish Network and tell me how to get them to stop calling? I'm happy with my current setup and service which was installed only 1.5 years ago. (EA, 211k and 722k)

If you've asked to be put on the Do Not Call list of that number, and they continue to call, file a complaint with the FTC.

You might also want to get a google voice number (free). You could give that to everyone ( like Dish ) and they would just get a voicemail ( which sends you an email if you don't forward the calls elsewhere ).

At home, I use voicepulse. I have it configured to send everyone I don't know to vmail.

I have multiple layers of defense against unwanted callers. :D

LER said:
If you've asked to be put on the Do Not Call list of that number, and they continue to call, file a complaint with the FTC.

Since he is doing business with Dish, his situation wouldn't be a violation of the law you're referring to.

Without going into too much detail, I think the calls were related to migrating. I made a couple of changes, so I'm hoping this is taken care of now (he was put on DNC list as well).

patrick80639 said:
Since he is doing business with Dish, his situation wouldn't be a violation of the law you're referring to.
I was referring to the specific dish dnc list. And if he's asked to be on that list and gets called it is a violation regardless of doing business with them.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and for the help being recieved from Matt@DishNetwork. There is a lot of background information here about my setup (two dish setup, one dedicated for 61.5, one dedicated for 72.7, w/MPEG4 receivers) that was not included in the origninal post. I believe that Matt is correct in that DN wanted to migrate me to a 1000.4 dish. I have no need for access to 77 since I do not desire to receive the internationals on that sat and like the idea of having the dedicated dishes.

Besides working with Matt I broke down after 4 calls yesterday alone and spoke to a CSR. I told them that I'm very happy with my current setup and do not desire a change. They seemed good with that.

Time will tell in the coming days if the calls will stop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)