89w Galaxy 28 ku missing 3 ABC channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jenom

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 22, 2006
I have a dish pointed to Galaxy 28 Ku @89w and used to get 3 ABC channels on it,
at TP 11954 V 19532 ....News1 Live, Absat Ch2+ABC News Now
Now I am no longer getting any signal on that TP.
First I thought maybe my dish moved, bad connection,bad switch, etc...but then i
did a Blind Scan and it found a new TP at 11778 V 5000 , signal was there , but no channel.
Any other TP i am not getting any signal !
Can someone please verify what is the situation with those 3 ABC channels on Galaxy 28
Thanks a lot!

It is 27 F/ -2 C the temperature here, and I really don't want to go out there, unless I have to .
However, if something wrong with my setup, why I still got signal on one TP ?

verified as there. 3 channels of ABCNews feeds and the other mux that has BYU TV on it

72/73 quality on 30" dish here in Minnesota. Just got done unburying the dish farm...got about 11 inches of powdery snow yesterday/last night
(oh its only 20 her) ;)

Thanks Iceberg, looks like then I am heading out to the garage roof with a sat receiver and a 7" dvd player to troubleshoot the problem: dish moved ? bad coax connections ? bad 22 khz switch ? bad diseqc switch ?
So many things could have gone wrong !
Thanks again !

from the original post

did a Blind Scan and it found a new TP at 11778 V 5000 , signal was there , but no channel

I just checked and that is a strong data signal on 87W so the dish is off by just a smidge

89w ABC channels

did some investigation---switch OK, cables OK---adjusted dish---up 2 mm, and rotated 2mm --- got 89w channels back :)
looks like the wind+dish weight managed to pull out slightly (2mm) one of the top plastic inserts inside the holes on the wall, which are holding the bracket---
so the whole assembly moved down and sideway :eek:
too cold to play with it know, hopefully it will stay in th same position until the spring arrives (March ? April ?)
if it moves out alignment again, it has to come down :(
Thanks again all for helping to verify the status of 89w :up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)