89w Galaxy 28 ku missing 3 ABC channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jenom

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 22, 2006
I have a dish pointed to Galaxy 28 Ku @89w and used to get 3 ABC channels on it,
at TP 11954 V 19532 ....News1 Live, Absat Ch2+ABC News Now
Now I am no longer getting any signal on that TP.
First I thought maybe my dish moved, bad connection,bad switch, etc...but then i
did a Blind Scan and it found a new TP at 11778 V 5000 , signal was there , but no channel.
Any other TP i am not getting any signal !
Can someone please verify what is the situation with those 3 ABC channels on Galaxy 28
Thanks a lot!

It is 27 F/ -2 C the temperature here, and I really don't want to go out there, unless I have to .
However, if something wrong with my setup, why I still got signal on one TP ?

verified as there. 3 channels of ABCNews feeds and the other mux that has BYU TV on it

72/73 quality on 30" dish here in Minnesota. Just got done unburying the dish farm...got about 11 inches of powdery snow yesterday/last night
(oh its only 20 her) ;)

Thanks Iceberg, looks like then I am heading out to the garage roof with a sat receiver and a 7" dvd player to troubleshoot the problem: dish moved ? bad coax connections ? bad 22 khz switch ? bad diseqc switch ?
So many things could have gone wrong !
Thanks again !

from the original post

did a Blind Scan and it found a new TP at 11778 V 5000 , signal was there , but no channel

I just checked and that is a strong data signal on 87W so the dish is off by just a smidge

89w ABC channels

did some investigation---switch OK, cables OK---adjusted dish---up 2 mm, and rotated 2mm --- got 89w channels back :)
looks like the wind+dish weight managed to pull out slightly (2mm) one of the top plastic inserts inside the holes on the wall, which are holding the bracket---
so the whole assembly moved down and sideway :eek:
too cold to play with it know, hopefully it will stay in th same position until the spring arrives (March ? April ?)
if it moves out alignment again, it has to come down :(
Thanks again all for helping to verify the status of 89w :up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)