8x* DiSEqC Switch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Good question. I didn't even think about that piece ;) I thought that you could simply go ahead and define as many sats as you like as long as you specify the path to the signal. So, there is a max. 4 ports limitation? (well common on many rcvrs as you mention above)

I did a little research and almost all recievers have a 4 port limit

You can do the 22k/diseqc route. I've used 2 4x1 diseqc switches and a 22K before for 8 inputs....its cumbersome but works :)

I must have missed that part completely, although "tech-people" are not known to read the manuals carefully or even read them at all :p
Thanks!

Now I'm curious. My receiver says it handles 8 "antennas". Is there an 8x1 switch or how would you accomplish the same?

to get 8 dishes what I owuld do is use 2 4x1 diseqc switches and a 22k switch

receiver to 22k switch. Hook a 4x1 diseqc to each port of the 22k switch and hook up your 8 LNB's

settings in receiver would be (depending on what LNB is where)
port 1 22k on
port 2 22k on
port 3 22k on
port 4 22k on
port 1 22k off
port 2 22k off
port 3 22k off
port 4 22k off

Iceberg said:
to get 8 dishes what I owuld do is use 2 4x1 diseqc switches and a 22k switch

receiver to 22k switch. Hook a 4x1 diseqc to each port of the 22k switch and hook up your 8 LNB's

The Traxis 3500 can use Diseqc switches with 16 LNBs, but they're also Diseqc Switches to use with the Diseqc 1.2 with 8 or 16 LNBs.

Saludos
Hiebert

Don't get me wrong. I know there are options for 8x1 diseqc switch. But I know my recievers only have options for Diseqc 1-4 and I can't do more than that unless I use 22k switches

Iceberg said:
Don't get me wrong. I know there are options for 8x1 diseqc switch. But I know my recievers only have options for Diseqc 1-4 and I can't do more than that unless I use 22k switches.

I just read the specs (In German) for this switch and if your receiver will handle DiseqC 1.2, then it will treat the 8 different sats as positions on a motorized dish!

EDIT: I just found the spec in english:

http://www.satwell.com/opis.php?id=187&l=2&w=

Last edited:
Iceberg said:
Don't get me wrong. I know there are options for 8x1 diseqc switch. But I know my recievers only have options for Diseqc 1-4 and I can't do more than that unless I use 22k switches
Iceberg
Please read my post again, I had not write Diseqc 1.0, 1.1 or 2.0, I write Diseqc 1.2
If you can use a Motor with Diseqc 1.2, then you can use also the switch.
I post the links where you can read it also.

Saludos
Hiebert

Elchucko said:
Iceberg said:
Don't get me wrong. I know there are options for 8x1 diseqc switch. But I know my recievers only have options for Diseqc 1-4 and I can't do more than that unless I use 22k switches.

I just read the specs (In German) for this switch and if your receiver will handle DiseqC 1.2, then it will treat the 8 different sats as positions on a motorized dish!

EDIT: I just found the spec in english:

http://www.satwell.com/opis.php?id=187&l=2&w=

Chuck, Thanks for insightful posts :up
I just read your posts on another thread, very helpful!

Sadoun said:
This seems like a nice switch. It is a smart design to use a DiSEqC 1.2 instead of 1.0. I haven't used it or see it in the USA.

I wonder if the switch would still work if you have a DiSEqC 1.2or USALS motor in the mix.

An item to be considered ;) I did not find it in USA and would like to get one to play with (hint, hint :) )

Iceberg said:
Hey Tony, what about your Coolsat. If you go into Dish Setting menu, and highlight the Diseqc Switch, and change to 1.0/1.1, an extra set of 4 ports appear, called Uncommitted. Do you think maybe these would work? Then you would have 8 ports. I still don't know how it would work, but it looks possible with this setting.

Al

Al it was something I was going to try but been busy working on other things. i might try tonight

voomvoom said:
Hey Tony, what about your Coolsat. If you go into Dish Setting menu, and highlight the Diseqc Switch, and change to 1.0/1.1, an extra set of 4 ports appear, called Uncommitted. Do you think maybe these would work? Then you would have 8 ports. I still don't know how it would work, but it looks possible with this setting.

Al

That's how the SPEC describes them. 4 ports of uncomitted ports for version 1.1.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)