8x* DiSEqC Switch

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Iceberg said:
Al it was something I was going to try but been busy working on other things. i might try tonight
I'm not sure if you could combine two 4x1 switches, you might have to have an 8x1 or 16x1 to make it work.

Al

Iceberg said:
to get 8 dishes what I owuld do is use 2 4x1 diseqc switches and a 22k switch

receiver to 22k switch. Hook a 4x1 diseqc to each port of the 22k switch and hook up your 8 LNB's

settings in receiver would be (depending on what LNB is where)
port 1 22k on
port 2 22k on
port 3 22k on
port 4 22k on
port 1 22k off
port 2 22k off
port 3 22k off
port 4 22k off
I know I've drug up an old post, but I just found it. Ice, have you tried this setup to see if it would work with a 2700A?

voomvoom said:
what about your Coolsat. If you go into Dish Setting menu, and highlight the Diseqc Switch, and change to 1.0/1.1, an extra set of 4 ports appear, called Uncommitted.
Al

Now I have not tried it, but does this uncommitted/committed not meen you can have one switch feeding another switch? That would give you four switches of each four inputs = 16 inputs.

Please note: I may be totally incorrect, but that is what I thought it did.

Thye more I look around the internet, the more I think you need a special switch for the uncommited switch. A lot of people talk of using the spaun switch for the uncommitted switch.

Hello

I have 3 of those switches at home. I bought them directy in poland 4 months ago.

hxxp://www.satwell.com

I works like a motor. You program each output like you program positions in a motor.

It works great. I taught it would be difficult to configure but not.

You can even put a 22khz switch on each output and go to 16 lnbs (I tried it).

It works with many receivers (tried, pansat 2700, 3500, dvb cards)

My page is not up to date (I'm at 16) but you can go see

hxxp://www.labgate.info/Tests/Test_Morethan8lnb/more than 8 lnbs.htm

I'm trying to stack more than 16 with some switches.

Labgate

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)