8x* DiSEqC Switch

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Good question. I didn't even think about that piece ;) I thought that you could simply go ahead and define as many sats as you like as long as you specify the path to the signal. So, there is a max. 4 ports limitation? (well common on many rcvrs as you mention above)

I did a little research and almost all recievers have a 4 port limit

You can do the 22k/diseqc route. I've used 2 4x1 diseqc switches and a 22K before for 8 inputs....its cumbersome but works :)

I must have missed that part completely, although "tech-people" are not known to read the manuals carefully or even read them at all :p
Thanks!

Now I'm curious. My receiver says it handles 8 "antennas". Is there an 8x1 switch or how would you accomplish the same?

to get 8 dishes what I owuld do is use 2 4x1 diseqc switches and a 22k switch

receiver to 22k switch. Hook a 4x1 diseqc to each port of the 22k switch and hook up your 8 LNB's

settings in receiver would be (depending on what LNB is where)
port 1 22k on
port 2 22k on
port 3 22k on
port 4 22k on
port 1 22k off
port 2 22k off
port 3 22k off
port 4 22k off

Iceberg said:
to get 8 dishes what I owuld do is use 2 4x1 diseqc switches and a 22k switch

receiver to 22k switch. Hook a 4x1 diseqc to each port of the 22k switch and hook up your 8 LNB's

The Traxis 3500 can use Diseqc switches with 16 LNBs, but they're also Diseqc Switches to use with the Diseqc 1.2 with 8 or 16 LNBs.

Saludos
Hiebert

Don't get me wrong. I know there are options for 8x1 diseqc switch. But I know my recievers only have options for Diseqc 1-4 and I can't do more than that unless I use 22k switches

Iceberg said:
Don't get me wrong. I know there are options for 8x1 diseqc switch. But I know my recievers only have options for Diseqc 1-4 and I can't do more than that unless I use 22k switches.

I just read the specs (In German) for this switch and if your receiver will handle DiseqC 1.2, then it will treat the 8 different sats as positions on a motorized dish!

EDIT: I just found the spec in english:

http://www.satwell.com/opis.php?id=187&l=2&w=

Last edited:
Iceberg said:
Don't get me wrong. I know there are options for 8x1 diseqc switch. But I know my recievers only have options for Diseqc 1-4 and I can't do more than that unless I use 22k switches
Iceberg
Please read my post again, I had not write Diseqc 1.0, 1.1 or 2.0, I write Diseqc 1.2
If you can use a Motor with Diseqc 1.2, then you can use also the switch.
I post the links where you can read it also.

Saludos
Hiebert

Elchucko said:
Iceberg said:
Don't get me wrong. I know there are options for 8x1 diseqc switch. But I know my recievers only have options for Diseqc 1-4 and I can't do more than that unless I use 22k switches.

I just read the specs (In German) for this switch and if your receiver will handle DiseqC 1.2, then it will treat the 8 different sats as positions on a motorized dish!

EDIT: I just found the spec in english:

http://www.satwell.com/opis.php?id=187&l=2&w=

Chuck, Thanks for insightful posts :up
I just read your posts on another thread, very helpful!

Sadoun said:
This seems like a nice switch. It is a smart design to use a DiSEqC 1.2 instead of 1.0. I haven't used it or see it in the USA.

I wonder if the switch would still work if you have a DiSEqC 1.2or USALS motor in the mix.

An item to be considered ;) I did not find it in USA and would like to get one to play with (hint, hint :) )

Iceberg said:
Hey Tony, what about your Coolsat. If you go into Dish Setting menu, and highlight the Diseqc Switch, and change to 1.0/1.1, an extra set of 4 ports appear, called Uncommitted. Do you think maybe these would work? Then you would have 8 ports. I still don't know how it would work, but it looks possible with this setting.

Al

Al it was something I was going to try but been busy working on other things. i might try tonight

voomvoom said:
Hey Tony, what about your Coolsat. If you go into Dish Setting menu, and highlight the Diseqc Switch, and change to 1.0/1.1, an extra set of 4 ports appear, called Uncommitted. Do you think maybe these would work? Then you would have 8 ports. I still don't know how it would work, but it looks possible with this setting.

Al

That's how the SPEC describes them. 4 ports of uncomitted ports for version 1.1.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)