905 need some help or info

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That's what I was trying to do when I killed my wife's dazzle "she's pissed". When I take pics from the digital cam it picks up the scan lines from the test tv.(it's an old orion) the pics look like crap. Maybe I'll find away to get some good screen shots.

Hey in options 6-7-7-8, what does the Authorization Reset do with no sub?

I have some pic's to show you/everyone.

Attachments

• All Maps.jpg
    All Maps.jpg
    781 KB · Views: 139
  • Allmaps.jpg
    Allmaps.jpg
    347.4 KB · Views: 134
  • Diag A.jpg
    Diag A.jpg
    526.5 KB · Views: 146
  • Daig C2.jpg
    Daig C2.jpg
    790.9 KB · Views: 142
Since the reset, have you put the receiver on G1 Channel 3, powered off, unplug power cord for 30 seconds, re-plug power cord, walk away for 30 minutes?
If not, try that, it's called a soft reset.

well for fun I did a master rest of my 905 (I dont sub to anything so no loss)
came back up had no sats listed
-option 6-3-4 and checked G1
-also changed my LNB setups to correctly
-backed out and selected G1 channel 0
-then did the manual tune that I posted above.....this was at 6:10 CDT

so we'll see how long before the maps come in

by the way....I had a bunch of old maps in there after the reset

walked outside and hit channel up at 6:16

voila
G1 3

all digital maps are in there including W5

Hey anybody see a problem with my Unit ID in the pics, or does it look good. It's starting to look like I my need a new 905? I looked inside the box, but don't see anything wrong but when I killed the wife"s dazzle I did smell something.

The other day I called them to see if my 905 could be activated,and within sec's they gave me a number to call. It turns out that the number is for Motorola.And that made me laugh,because I just told the guy at nps that I had to use options 6-4 and not options 6-5 as he wanted me to.And thats when he gave me the number. But I think now that number might be good for something.

now I don't get the green light. I have not moved the dish,so who knows?

I have my Star Trak 6 receiver working to move my dish.I only set G1 for now and was able to get the green light back on the 905,on channel 3,and 167-176 Stars.But not on 150 or 151 which ever it is,is a no go. And the star trak doesn't pick up the Arts on 05 analog? But we still believe I'm on the right sat? If someone knows of any info on the Star Trak 6,please help.The problem is I have a Universal remote and not all buttons to work with.A manual or link to some info would be vary helpful.

LAK7 Here my location info, Latitude 37.0905, Longitude -94.5087, True south Sat 95.0 west Galaxy 3C. Dish Elevation 47.0, Azimuth "180.8 true" 178.2 magn. Question how to set Declination Angle @ 5.9? One more thing,I still can't get g1-05 analog,so do I need the Videocypher module for NTSC.If not I might remove it and try, maybe it's bad and that's why no analog?

....... One more thing,I still can't get g1-05 analog,so do I need the Videocypher module for NTSC.If not I might remove it and try, maybe it's bad and that's why no analog?

You should not need a working VCRS module to get the unencrypted analog channels, I don't think removing it would make a difference, even if the module was bad?

Dish Elevation 47.0
That should be measured on the Dish Face.
It's the Main Axis (Elevation Bar) plus Declination.

Here is the site I was given....
Satellite finder, how to point dish with magnetic north, azimuth and elevation program calculator.
Sat: -95
Lat: 37.1
Long: -94.5

Measuring was confusing to me at first, 'cause you don't know if they are going from the Sky to the Horizon, or Horizon to the Sky.
For me, Zero is the Dish looking up in the Sky.

Elevation Bar: 37.79
Declination: 5.22 (43.1 on the back of the Dish's Center Plate)

37.79+5.22=43.1
90-43.1=46.99 (47.0)

Explanation of satellite dish polar mount set-up and alignment

Diagnostics ?

In the Diagnostics G screen I see TDT above that is 882.After Master Reset that number was 698, Those #'s are channels that are mapped in,right? If so does my numbers look right? I have Not seen it go past 882, and I've M.R. the box 4 times in the past two days.

On my subbed 905, the TDT is ridiculously high then. I think it's 4800 something and works fine. One thing about a MR on a 905, it clears the monthly sub authorization if done, which a 922 doesn't.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)