905 need some help or info

Status
Please reply by conversation.
High Voltage on the LNBF

I have a bsc 621 lnbf, only had for about a week.Been having problem keeping green light on 905. So I thought I would hook up an old Dtv box to the lnb to see if the dish was on track.It has a 3 prong power plug Hot,neutral, and Ground.Well I hooked It up and with in sec's the box shut down,so I unpluged it and the coax was warm,so I thought that was funny.Got out the old Volt meter and found out that my ground on the outlet was hot as in 120volt's hot. So my question is how to I check to see if my lnbf is toast,because I just gave It a lot of power on the ground?

Last edited:
The Sh*tty part is I used the sat out from the 905.

Last edited:
I did a continuity check on my coax and 1 out of 2 are bad,shorting out, or I guess welded together. The end's of my coax look like they have balls of solder on them. So 120volt from ground is a very bad thing. I'm going to assume my week old bsc 621 lnbf is toast. And I think the 905 is as it was,because it still outputs the right voltage when switched for H to V polarity. The old Dtv box just hums now,so I'm positive the power supply is bad.

Don't Know what I did???

Well I killed the C-band part of my 621 lnbf,but I think the Ku is ok. I put the chaparral lnb feedhorn back on to fart with,because I bought a 95c+ sat finder and was in the mood to play. I was able to get my green light back on the 905 with a ebno of +2.5 and my TDT count when to 4831,so I looked at the maps and I now have P3,P1,P9,W6,G4,W5,E2,M2,E1,W8,CA,CB,CC,CE,CF,CG,I1,I2.I'm just setup for C-band maps and I think that's all of them,just makes me think the problem was with the 621? The only problem I have Now is no servo for my dish so I'm stuck on horizontal polarity,unless I want to climb up 13ft. and move the needle vertical.

UPDATE: Called Skyvision today and Paid for the STARS Pack and lucky for me all the channels are Horizontal Polarity. The Funny thing is, the [FONT=Arial,Helvetica]diagnostic screen shows Not Activated 00 not 01. But my channels work so l'm happy for now. Thanks to all that have tried to help me get up and running. My setup's not where I want it to be,but I have a picture so I'm feeling good.
[/FONT]

I have been following your posts and was wondering when you called Skyvision, did you have a green light on the 905?

I have been following your posts and was wondering when you called Skyvision, did you have a green light on the 905?

Yes, after putting the chaparral lnb feedhorn and using the 95c+ signal finder my green light was back @ 50 Quality on 133 west or G1. Channels checked were g-3, and 150-176(the stars mux) all channels checked were H polarity. I don't get V polarity,well not with the setup I have right now.

Up Date

Ok, I now have a dmx 741 LNBF and so far things are looking good.But when I'm on g1 133west I can get green light on stars channels,but not HBO.So is this a skew problem. I've noticed on other sats that my horizontal tp have stronger quality than my vertical tp.

It is likely a skew problem yes. You said you had tried to fix your feedhorn and servo so yeah, you probably have to get that working to get good signal on your vert transponders............if the servo is not working at all then most definitely!

K, I just noticed that you switched back to a LNBF..............is your 905 set for a LNBF or still for a Servo?

It is likely a skew problem yes. You said you had tried to fix your feedhorn and servo so yeah, you probably have to get that working to get good signal on your vert transponders............if the servo is not working at all then most definitely!

K, I just noticed that you switched back to a LNBF..............is your 905 set for a LNBF or still for a Servo?

Not only that but Long Hair needs to set it to "C-band LNBF" and "Rotate 90°"

Played with the dish today,I think my lnbf is not dead center with the dish.how can I check it, other than eyeballing it. The channels I can't lock on are below tp 9 and some above tp 19 on multiple sat's, is this still a skew issue.:confused:

I got one of those little laser lights, the kind that look like a writing pen, and stuck that on lnb and then you can see where it is pointing at. Works pretty good.

Long Hair, I haven't been able to get a answer to my question about my dsr-905 making a noise after doing a soft reset.
Can you do one, unplug it for 30 seconds and plug it back in and see if within 8-10 seconds it makes a sound in the receiver like a relay switch has either click off or on?? The tv screen also will do a blip of color when this happens. Then about another 20 seconds the screen will come up with the trying to check etc.
I am curious if yours makes that clicking sound or if maybe there is something wrong with mine and that is why I can't get the green light.
Thaks, Bob

Long Hair, I haven't been able to get a answer to my question about my dsr-905 making a noise after doing a soft reset.
Can you do one, unplug it for 30 seconds and plug it back in and see if within 8-10 seconds it makes a sound in the receiver like a relay switch has either click off or on?? The tv screen also will do a blip of color when this happens. Then about another 20 seconds the screen will come up with the trying to check etc.
I am curious if yours makes that clicking sound or if maybe there is something wrong with mine and that is why I can't get the green light.
Thaks, Bob

Yes, my 905 does a loud click after plug-in it back in. the screen flick's for a sec, than after some time I can turn it back on. So no,I think your box is fine. What sat are u trying to lock-on 133?

Yes, 133 but not having any luck with this thing.
OK on the noise, just thought it was a little strange but if yours does the same and yours is working, I guess I need to keep messing with this one.

Thanks, Bob

I can get H and V polarity's but not all transponders,So I ask again Is this still likely to be a skew issue? The thing I have notices is once I peak G1 133west for my stars channels I lose black belt on I think sat GB. I move the elevation up to get better signal on stars, move it back down to get black belt. So maybe my problem lies else where? :confused:

I would think if you go to your east Sat. and able to pick up something and then go to your south sat and pick up something, west SAt and pick up something your dish ought to be aligned like it is suppose to be. If you can not do this maybe you need to check to see if your dish is warped.
later, bob

I don't think the dish is warped,but all the dent's and ding's in it might be my biggest problem. The guy that had the dish said it was on land that he bought.I know about where the land is and they have tornadoes.So I'm sure the dish has been in one or two. Is there a cheap way to replace the mesh panels,say anything from lowe's home depot wal-mart???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)