91W NIMIQ 6 completely active now....footprint changed

Wildbill how far north are you? I thought the new bird only went down to about Portland but youre getting it in N. Calif? We're in the Bay Area and we arent getting some xpdrs on 91 now.

I'm not to knowledgable in this area, but is possible BTV adjust the N6 map coverage area?

I always found "strange' that according to the N6 footprint that followed the US/Canadian board from BC/Washington? or is Origon? to the Manitoba/North Dekota then suddenly drop to go around Ontario and so forth.

Maybe(and this only guess not that skilled at this) that i now goes from where Ontario ends at it furthest point straight across the NorthernMiddle States to N Calf. ?

On a side note you may not be able to get all of BTV channels, but at least its nice and warm year round where you live, don't have to worry about the cold.

It appears N6 is almost fully active.

Today
Conditions: Sunny with cloudy periods
Location Ottawa Canada
Info
TRS 1 thru 18,21,23,24,27,28 are 100%
TRS 19 89%
TRS 20 87%
TRS 22 88%
TRS 25 96%
TRS 26 87%
TRS 29 86%
TRS 30 84%
TRS 31 85%
TRS 32 89%

I'm 170 miles straight west of Chicagoland area using a 36" dish with invacom lnb. On the Illinois Iowa boarder. Nimiq 6 footprint appears to go slightly west of Chicago, Illinois. I'm about 170 miles from the footprint line. I can report a big fat zero on all nimiq 6 transponders. If someone around Chicago or West of Chicago can give signal level if any on new nimiq 6 transponders would be great? I doubt a 4' dish would make any difference since I'm getting a zero for signal at the moment. I've tried re-pointing my dish already a few times.

I'm 170 miles straight west of Chicagoland area using a 36" dish with invacom lnb. On the Illinois Iowa boarder. Nimiq 6 footprint appears to go slightly west of Chicago, Illinois. I'm about 170 miles from the footprint line. I can report a big fat zero on all nimiq 6 transponders. If someone around Chicago or West of Chicago can give signal level if any on new nimiq 6 transponders would be great? I doubt a 4' dish would make any difference since I'm getting a zero for signal at the moment. I've tried re-pointing my dish already a few times.
I am ~60 miles SE of the QCA and lost a bunch of channels a couple weeks ago, some more on Monday and some more on Tuesday! Now getting to the ones I actaully watched. I have a 1 meter dish and before the switch I was getting high 80s on about half the transponders and 100 on the rest of them.I had toyed with putting a circular LNB on my 10 foot dish to see if there would be any signal but would have to wreck something in order to try it and do not want to devote the big dish to Bell TV even if it did work. Instead I ordered a Shaw direct system that was supposed to be here on Monday before the end of the day but as of this morning was still awaiting customs clearance at the border. The Bell system I have is about 10 years old, SD only and has a PVR with a bad hard drive so it was time for an upgrade anyways. Glad I did not buy a new Bell system as I had been contemplating.Iordered both from a place called KUsat that is easy to deal with has no problmes about sending stuff over the border and will help set up the account at a friend's address in canada at no extra charge. I think they also provide brokerage services, although I do not need them.

So it appears that N6 is almost fully active. From other reports(anopther forum) US memebers have slso stated lost of signals from certain TRS. I can tell you this before N6 went active I didn'ty have those readings ion my prevous post, so indeed the ones the say 100% are coming from N6 and maybe 9 are coming from N1.

As for KU Sat I know them well. They also sell Shaw Direct systems as well and have a forum to disscuss Canadian DTH a few members here know of it.

Colorado checking in - we're totally out (except for a few ad/information only type channels) as of about 4PM MDST today with Bell SD :( Got Coronation Street one last time but no Eastenders at 6PM. It's been a good 8 year run...

I can confirm
N6 is full operation. TRS 1-32 are ALL 100%. Since I'm in Canadfa and geyt a strong signal, N6 is now in full operatuion see my previous post on signals.

Here near San Francisco we lost about 1/2 xpdrs on old BEV sattelite a couple of days ago now today their all gone. Well like someone else said it was a good run. We got BEV just before the Sydney Olympics and were really glad to see games live instead of on tape like here on NBC. Now 12 yrs. later we got Shaw just before the London Olympics so hopefully we'll be good for lots more years! We know Shaw is doing new sats too but it sounds like the next one wont hurt us so we just hope the one after that will still be good for us too.

updated title to reflect it is fully active

Yes, but what you have written is wrong! They do not have the same footprint. I get all of N4, but none of N6. They might have almost the same footprint, but it is not the exact
same.

Here in Philadelphia...Tuesday July 3rd no signal on tr. 1 to 18. strong sgnal on 19 to 32. Yesterday and today no signal on any transponders-will have to go to larger dish than the current 60cm-probably 76cm will not be large enough either for this location...any input is appreciated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)