921 Guide: Only 36 hours now?!?!

Three days of guide this morning and it won't go past the third day. I guess that is an improvement over 2 hours of guide and 8.7 days of no information....

Still only at 40 hours here... I belive there are two distinct problems. The first, which has been going on for a long time, is that occasionally the 921 guide drops everything but the next couple of hours, and gives you 9 days of "No information available". The second, which is what is happening here, is that your guide goes out about 40 hours, and then stops.

Does anyone have a guide that shows info for 40 hours, then another 6-7 days of "No information available?" I think dish wrote some bad XML and it is effecting only our hardware (921).

My 921 has had the 2 day guide problem for the last 2 days. Went through Tech support. They gave an RA number and are replacing it. Sounds like a replacement isn't going to help.

Same here but a cord reboot fixes mine and it seems to be ok for about a week now.

Correction to this I checked just now and it's only good until Monday at 2:00 pm but on a side note my timer is still good for Monday night at 8:00 pm.

Last edited:
Just looked at mine again. (Sun 6PM)

31.5 hours of EPG. Goes to Tues 1 AM. It won't go past that. Before it used to put up NIA.

Never a dull moment. :mad: At least if they put up notifications on your receiver, it wouldn't be so bad, but you have to find out the hard way.
MENU-2-(2,3, or 4) *ALL GREYED OUT*
(Customer Notice: We are trying to fix our screw ups, so your guide will be severely limited for a few days. Thanks. E*)

It is annoying to see a preview of a show coming on later in the week and not be able to just go to the EPG and set it to record.

You won't believe this.

Checked it again at 6:15PM and now it has 8 days-16.5 hours of EPG.

So it changed from 15 minutes ago and I didn't touch, reboot, power-reset, or change channels. Its been on HGTV(112) all day.

I was just sitting down to call advanced tech too. :(

EPG problems-921

Just wondering how many other lucky 921 owners out there are unable to get any programming info beyond 1 1/2 days from their 9 day EPG? Something new and exciting all the time ain't it??:rolleyes: Ah well, at least it currently goes beyond whats on for the next hour--the usual problem. No manner of reboot does anything.
Ed

I'm STILL stuck with 1 1/2 days of info. Always somethin' with this damned thing. Guess I should be thankful it goes beyond the next hour like its done numerous times before.:mad:
Ed

The past two days I have been stuck with the guide stating only what is on at the current time slot. A lot of good that does. Seems like E* is trying to play games with the 921 owners to get them to upgrade to the 622. I called about the problem and immediately was told of the great opportunity to get a 622 on April 1st before explaining my problem completely. The other problem that started the past week is when I hit a button on the remote, the box won't respond for up to 2-3 minutes. Then it works fine for 10 minutes and reverts back to the delay. Thats a lot of fun when you know you are missing something on another channel and have to wait on the box to decide when it wants to switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)