921 stuttering on HD playback

duggan

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
MA
This seems to have started with the last software update but with every HD program that I've recorded and tried to watch, it starts to stutter about 20-25 minutes into it. I thought it might have been a signal drop but if I rewind, it will play correctly for a few seconds and then start the problem again. I've been able to watch SD recordings without a problem, it only appears to be HD recordings.

When it does start skipping, I can hear the hard drive seeking quite a bit. Could it possibly be a hard drive problem? My first thought was a hard drive problem until I could watch an SD without a problem.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Dave

Could still be a hard drive problem. SD requires much less bandwitch from the HDD (the excessive seeking will slow down the drive - A LOT).

I assume you've done a power cord reboot?

Yes, I've tried power cord and smart card reboot. Guess the next step is to call Dish about it.

Thanks.

Let me know what they say. I started a thread about this a few weeks ago, right after the last firmware rollout too. I'm pretty sure I get stuttering on SD content occaisonally as well, but only when the other reciever is on an HD channel I believe. Perhaps you could verify?

I always get the stuttering regardless of what channel. Once the stuttering starts, it never stops. The program becomes unwatchable. I haven't seen it on SD programming.

I called Dish last night and the nice Advanced Tech support person said she thought it was a bad hard drive or it could be the software. She said someone would be contacting me in the next 24-48 hours to work with me more.

- Dave

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts