922 connections to actuator

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hogie

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2011
upstate NY
I just bought a used 10 mesh dish. The actuator was bad so the guy gave me a new one. It is a SuperTrack II+HQ. I am confused by the connections. The actuator connections are labeled:
MOTOR (I understand these 2), SENSOR(there are 2 sensor terminals), WHITE, GREEN, GRAY, WHITE.

I am not sure how to match these up to the 922. Can someone help out?

The manual is in the download section, look for "Motorola 922 4DTV", page 26 and 27 explain the connections. M1 and M2 are the motor power connections, +5, PULSE, and GND are for the motor sensor. If your motor sensor only has two wires, then you will only need to connect PULSE and GND. If your motor sensor has an opto isolator you will have three wires, then you will also need to connect +5. The motor wires will be heavier wires than the sensor wires as they carry the power to run the motor. The sensor wires are thinner wires as they only carry a signal to measure how far the motor has turned. DO NOT connect these to the POLARIZER connection.
This Skyvision PDF may help.
http://skyvision.com/pages/information_center/PDFs/922_hookup.pdf

Thanks, Larry. I think I have it figured out now. All I have to do now is wait for it to cool down some. Too hot to work in the sun now.

The guy I got it from put the 922 on C3. He told me that the angle on the face of the dish will be 16 degrees when on C3. SO I will use a dish mover to move the actuator to obtain the 16 degrees and then spin the mount on the pole and hopefully find a signal. I have a Sky Peaker Trio to find signal. He used to install dishes but it has been several years. He said to find CSPAN on C3 but I do not think it is still there.......

I want to get this set up for now and add MPEG later. I also told him to let me know if he finds a nicer dish. This one is a Channel Master button hook. I would like to find a 12 footer.
I may add some cables and turnbuckles to stabilize the feedhorn. It gets plenty windy here and I want it more stable for KU.

The LNB is old being a 45 degree. The KU band LNB is bad.

I run a 40 degree Cal Amp LNB on C band and I have no problems, mine is from 89. The 45 will do okay too if the dish is tuned right.

here is a pic that might help you out...

Attachments

• satcoaxial.jpg
    satcoaxial.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 164
OK, I have the 922 all hooked up. The actuator moves the dish, the ploarizer/servo motor works, the counter counts up and down as I move the dish. So I am sure I have it all hooked up correctly.
I put the dish angle at 74 degrees on my protractor for C3 (translates to 16 degrees). I spin the dish mount around on the pole back and forth looking for signal using my SkyPeaker Trio as well as watching the TV thru a window. I am unable to find any signal. I even changed the angle to 35.7 degrees for G16 and turned the dish to aprox location of the satelite. Still no signal.....I even was using Satelite finder website with google earth map showing me the direction relative to my home site. Could it be that the LNB is bad? I know the servo motor is working. I can hear it and also was able to see it change polarity. Do feedhorns go bad? The sat guy who I bought it from said he had to clean out the end of the feedhorn as it was full of bee nest.

I am at a loss and getting frustrated!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)