Manhattan RS-1933

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Genna

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 19, 2009
New England
When skyvision told me to buy a receiver that would help me with FTA and KU, i declined when they said it wasn't black. They then told me theyre selling a new black receiver but couldnt disclose the name etc yet. After listening to a c-band show I believe the Manhattan rs-1933 is the new mystery receiver. Anyone know if this would be a good thing for a 4dtv person to buy ? I have an drs-922 hooked up to a 10 foot dish and some old toshiba trx in the attic.

http://manhattan-digital.net/

We will have to see when it's released. :) We have seen lots of boxes announced but not perform like advertised when they were officially released.

I know Mike Kohl has an early version and he is happy with it so far which is a big positive going for this box, as Mike is not one who likes stuff easily.

I do hope the box goes through all the steps so that it is FCC and UL certified so that it is legal for sale here in the US. UL certification should be easy since I hear it uses an external power supply.

I am hoping Jeff from Manhatten goes to CES as I would love to learn more about his new box.

hmm, my dealer told me he has 3 receivers in testing right now, I asked what they are he said I will no soon, told me he will launch the selected receiver in the first quarter of 2011, I'll keep an eye on twitter and the site, or I'll drop by next week and see what this secret receiver is all about?

Ok see him listed in the sales section, so this must be one of the "receivers"

Apparently this will be available for sale next week. What are your thoughts on this? (Maybe move this to the FTA area?)

When skyvision told me to buy a receiver that would help me with FTA and KU, i declined when they said it wasn't black. They then told me theyre selling a new black receiver but couldnt disclose the name etc yet. After listening to a c-band show I believe the Manhattan rs-1933 is the new mystery receiver. Anyone know if this would be a good thing for a 4dtv person to buy ? I have an drs-922 hooked up to a 10 foot dish and some old toshiba trx in the attic.

Manhattan-Digital: Home Page

Good Grief the color does not matter it's if it works or not that is important. There is lots of stuff out there by a lot of good dealers. Go to the Manhattan website for info on their receivers.Manhattan Receivers » Home

This is from Mikes web site, myself I was hoping that the price might be lower as other models seem to have come down.

.MANHATTAN RS-1933
MPEG-4 high definition receiver
Available to ship the last week of June
199.95 plus shipping

The original post was 6 months ago ;)
Yea, that's what I noticed about this thread, too! ;)
Just goes to show ya how long it really takes to get something to market.
So, next time ya hear about the next great thing, start saving for it...you probably have time. - :up

Yea, that's what I noticed about this thread, too! ;)
So, next time ya hear about the next great thing, start saving for it...you probably have time. - :up

Most don't realize all the up's, down's, headaches, growing pains, etc that is involved with behind the scenes. I have a first hand taste with this stuff with Map Master. It ain't no walk in the park, more hassle then you can imagine. This is why it takes so long.

Does this receiver have an internal hard drive or room for an internal hard drive?

So many of these receivers for FTA and yet most want to use the usb stick for recording unlike some models of the Azbox which have the slot for an internal hard drive which makes it a great PVR device.
If the Manhattan does not then they too have put out a device that is out of date and out of touch with what the consumer is wanting.

Does this receiver have an internal hard drive or room for an internal hard drive?

So many of these receivers for FTA and yet most want to use the usb stick for recording unlike some models of the Azbox which have the slot for an internal hard drive which makes it a great PVR device.
If the Manhattan does not then they too have put out a device that is out of date and out of touch with what the consumer is wanting.

With the size of USB drives nowadays, along with the fact that they have no internal moving parts to fail leading them to crash, How is using a thumbdrive considered to be outdated? Just the opposite if you ask me. Have you even considered the possibility that the thumbdrive is the next wave? Anyway you slice it, with bigger and bigger solid state USB drives being developed, it won't be long till the hard drive is a thing of the past. Not the other way around as you are insinuating. And I have not even mentioned the price factor. A USB drive can be had pretty cheap along with the fact that there is no installation headaches. I am one of the fortunate people to of received a Manhattan to put through it's paces. I will not do any report till the bugs, and improvements that are being suggested are taken care of. To do so would be an incomplete report and not benefit anyone. There already to us testers have been a couple different file releases made that are incorporating the changes we are suggesting. Like TVRO said, it is not easy to test a unit and it takes time. There should be some solid info about the receiver in the next week as the improvements are being implemented as quickly as they are suggested. Thank you and Have a great day!

Manhattan-Digital: Home Page

As I just stated in the post above this one, I am checking one out. I just so happen to have a 922 that is the master receiver so to speak and have no real complaints. More info to follow... Have a great day!

With the size of USB drives nowadays, along with the fact that they have no internal moving parts to fail leading them to crash, How is using a thumbdrive considered to be outdated? Just the opposite if you ask me. Have you even considered the possibility that the thumbdrive is the next wave? Anyway you slice it, with bigger and bigger solid state USB drives being developed, it won't be long till the hard drive is a thing of the past. Not the other way around as you are insinuating. And I have not even mentioned the price factor. A USB drive can be had pretty cheap along with the fact that there is no installation headaches. I am one of the fortunate people to of received a Manhattan to put through it's paces. I will not do any report till the bugs, and improvements that are being suggested are taken care of. To do so would be an incomplete report and not benefit anyone. There already to us testers have been a couple different file releases made that are incorporating the changes we are suggesting. Like TVRO said, it is not easy to test a unit and it takes time. There should be some solid info about the receiver in the next week as the improvements are being implemented as quickly as they are suggested. Thank you and Have a great day!
I do agree about hard drive obsolescence. Solid state drives should be the wave of the future. No moving parts, less heat buildup, etc. The Hard Drive mfg's have done a fine job keeping their product relevant with smaller footprints, more efficiency, greater capacity, etc, but solid state is still the future, I think. :)

What is so great

RS-1933 appears to be another butt ugly black box that does what better than other receivers out there. Just what??? All this super secret mumbo jumbo about something that has all the appeal of a door stop. A real one! If they have something to sell then get with:rant: it when they got it. What is it, does it do black cipher and go straight at all encryption systems?

Really!

and how many threads have there been about the receiver that had more current info? ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts