922 Sling Issues?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have a vip922 also and experiencing the same problem. I think it is a software issue with new software that the 922 receive a short time ago.
I have been on the phone with tech support a couple of times and they have know idea how to fix it. I can use my iphone to
connect with know problems. I think they will have update software in order to get rid of cliche. Good luck.

Depends on your setup but you may need to open a port on your router to allow the 922 to work. Way too many potential setups to explain all. What equipment are you using and we can try to help you make it work.

My Slingbox 922 has deleted all my recordings 3 different occasions. Tech support seems clueless. All you have to do is read the Dish Forum and see that other people are having the same issues. Their new answer is to send me a different receiver .If they don't solve the problems of having your receiver say it's 142% full and you only have 14 hrs of recordings on the receiver, what's the use. I'm giving them one more chance and if this receiver fails, Direct TV here I come.

Mine works fine, when I don't need it

I've had nothing but issues with my sling player. I test it from time to time, and it always works but has NEVER worked when I actually wanted to use it. Stuck in an airport or hotel trying to stream to my computer while my wife watches something stupid..it never works. I feel like I was duped. Could've had a sling adapter and another 722 for $100 less and instead I dropped $200 and have had nothing but problems. So much potential and yet so poorly thrown together.

I've been really disappointed with the entire 922 experience to be honest. Streaming from my server takes forever to open things as simple as pictures, where I can switch to my xbox 360 and it's instantaneous from the same Windows Home Server. I'm definitely frustrated. I'm starting to wonder if my 922 doesn't just have issues, having read that some people have good experiences with it, but how would I even check that? Especially since it sometimes works.

I've had nothing but issues with my sling player. I test it from time to time, and it always works but has NEVER worked when I actually wanted to use it. Stuck in an airport or hotel trying to stream to my computer while my wife watches something stupid..it never works. I feel like I was duped. Could've had a sling adapter and another 722 for $100 less and instead I dropped $200 and have had nothing but problems. So much potential and yet so poorly thrown together.

I've been really disappointed with the entire 922 experience to be honest. Streaming from my server takes forever to open things as simple as pictures, where I can switch to my xbox 360 and it's instantaneous from the same Windows Home Server. I'm definitely frustrated. I'm starting to wonder if my 922 doesn't just have issues, having read that some people have good experiences with it, but how would I even check that? Especially since it sometimes works.

Pay more get less...............and you gota love the extra $4 a month for what exacualy??????? makes you wonder? how about a refund just for agravation?!!!!!!

Hi,

I'm able to stream from my 922 to my desktop, but neither my ipad or iphone recognizes my 922 when I attempt to watch on those devices. I have a yellow dot next to my receiver number in the top right hand corner of the guide page. When I switch receivers to my 722 it has a green dot and is recognized by the ipad and phone (I can't use 722 for remote viewing as i is not sling enabled). 922 is connected to the internet and I've done a reboot (unplugged) of the receiver. Also called tech support who filled out a problem report.
Any suggestions from anyone?
Thanks,

Hi,

I'm able to stream from my 922 to my desktop, but neither my ipad or iphone recognizes my 922 when I attempt to watch on those devices. I have a yellow dot next to my receiver number in the top right hand corner of the guide page. When I switch receivers to my 722 it has a green dot and is recognized by the ipad and phone (I can't use 722 for remote viewing as i is not sling enabled). 922 is connected to the internet and I've done a reboot (unplugged) of the receiver. Also called tech support who filled out a problem report.
Thanks,
I tried to use the Dish Remote Access app on my iPad for the first time in months this past Friday. Naturally it didn't work. Similar to you, the app is showing yellow dots next to both my 922 and my 722. Both are connected online yet the app doesn't think they are. It's obviously something on Dish's end because I can stream fine from my 922 using the SlingPlayer app on my iPad. To me it's inexcusable that this problem has been around for at least three days straight...and probably longer.

To me it's inexcusable that this problem has been around for at least three days straight...and probably longer.

I just got off the phone with support and they said its been a problem for over 3 weeks? Realy? Ive talked to 4 teks in 6 days and this is the first it was admited to me.....What a bunch of bumbling fools !!!

Sometimes I think they have only one competent software engineer, and he burned out last week.

schnagner said:
Hi,

Thanks,

Same here. Can see and access my 722 with sling on my iPad and android phone but the 922 shows off line. Weird, because I can access the 922 on my desktop computer.... Guess i'll call in to see if they have a cure

Glad I found this, I have been having the same problem with my 922, can't access it period, always says it's offline even though the 922 says it's connected. I tried reciever reboots and reconnecting the network on the 922 to no avail. I am going camping this Saturday, sucks I can't watch any college games!

I am also having the same issue.

Slingplayer streams TV fine on my PC, Android phone, and Ipad.
Dish Online streams TV fine on my PC.

Dish Remote Access on PC, Ipad, and Android phone will not recognize that I am connected to my VIP922 receiver and will not stream TV.

Another weird thing that I notice is that even though Dish Online works for streaming TV, it cannot connect for viewing my DVR programs.

I called Dish Network twice on this already in the last week, and they said they are having problems with a change they made on their servers. Their response on each of my calls was that they were aware of the problem, and that it was not with my equipment.

I am also having the same issue.

Slingplayer streams TV fine on my PC, Android phone, and Ipad.
Dish Online streams TV fine on my PC.

Dish Remote Access on PC, Ipad, and Android phone will not recognize that I am connected to my VIP922 receiver and will not stream TV.

Another weird thing that I notice is that even though Dish Online works for streaming TV, it cannot connect for viewing my DVR programs.

I called Dish Network twice on this already in the last week, and they said they are having problems with a change they made on their servers. Their response on each of my calls was that they were aware of the problem, and that it was not with my equipment.

Thanks for the info, and :welcome to the site.

I'm having the same problem. I can see my 722k and my 922 but I can't set timers on the 922 or use Sling. I had mine installed Saturday. Is there a Sling Player for Mac (or Windows...) that will work with the 922?

So Dish says all the problems are on their end? I have only successfully used the sling feature once in the last week I've had my 922. It tries to work, but the video just freezes. If I access something that requires a PIN number, it will ask me for the PIN repeatedly and never work. I have reset all my networking equipment, and the 922. I tried to access it on my android phone and my wife's. I tried accessing it from my laptop as well. I can't get any streaming video.

I tried setting the QOS on my router. I gave the ethernet port the 922 is connected to priority above everything else. Does anyone know what ports the 922 uses to sling video? Maybe I could ensure those are open and have priority too. Does anyone have any other ideas for resolving this?

JBv,

Slingplayer version 2.0.3.508 for the PC works with the 922 (CNET has this version available for download). Then, if you go to the dish remote access site dish.sling.com, log in, and view the HTML source for the page you can get your user name and password that you will need to log in using the slingplayer program for the PC.

So Dish says all the problems are on their end? I have only successfully used the sling feature once in the last week I've had my 922. It tries to work, but the video just freezes. If I access something that requires a PIN number, it will ask me for the PIN repeatedly and never work. I have reset all my networking equipment, and the 922. I tried to access it on my android phone and my wife's. I tried accessing it from my laptop as well. I can't get any streaming video.

I tried setting the QOS on my router. I gave the ethernet port the 922 is connected to priority above everything else. Does anyone know what ports the 922 uses to sling video? Maybe I could ensure those are open and have priority too. Does anyone have any other ideas for resolving this?

They said my problem was on their end. What you are describing doesn't exactly match what I saw since I could stream TV successfully using everything but Dish Remote Access.

JBv,

Slingplayer version 2.0.3.508 for the PC works with the 922 (CNET has this version available for download). Then, if you go to the dish remote access site dish.sling.com, log in, and view the HTML source for the page you can get your user name and password that you will need to log in using the slingplayer program for the PC.

dish.sling.com has a blurb about al the new updates at dishnetwork.com and how the dish.sling.com address won't be around much longer. I tried to sign up a new account through the slingplayer app and it said my email address is already signed up :/ I hesitate to create a sling account with my wife's email as I'm not sure how that will affect my future access through the 'proper' dish channels.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)