922 VIP about to blow

dfer777

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Oct 24, 2010
arizona
This is my 2nd 922. A couple of month's ago overheat alarm went off, so I removed the top housing and found that the fan had quit.

Temps went down,left housing off. Today there's high pitched tone emitting from the receiver. I figure it's about done.

Hate to lose my recordings.

Does Dish still replace 922's?

This is my 2nd 922. A couple of month's ago overheat alarm went off, so I removed the top housing and found that the fan had quit.

Temps went down,left housing off. Today there's high pitched tone emitting from the receiver. I figure it's about done.

Hate to lose my recordings.

Does Dish still replace 922's?

They sure do, I'm on my 6th one! The high pitched whine will go away if you unplug the HDMI cable, at least it did on #4...

Get a powered external hard drive. Connect it to a usb port and follow the instructions to format it. There should be an option in the menus for the transfer
If you decide to upgrade to a Hopper, the Hopper will use the ehd. Remember, any 922 they send you as a replacement is refurbished, not new.

Might want to consider other options. I've become a real HWS booster.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

And don't forget to back up your recordings to an EHD anyhow.

I never leave anything on the 922's drive, if I want to save it I will send it straight to an EHD. #2 had a problem of recording programs, but they would not show up on the drive when you wanted to view them. Funny how each and every receiver had different distinct problems, the longest one has lasted was two months.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)