922 went beserk, what options do I have?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sonyajon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 15, 2009
New Mexico
Yesterday, was changing birds on the 922. 922 reset itself, soft reset. When it came back up, it is very confused right now. I unplugged it and let it set overnight. Re-plugged it in again and still the same. Unable to get a DC light or any channels

Any suggestions?

If I have to do a MR, what will happen?

922 was coverted using 4 step method with no problems.

Current sub with SRL

Help??

Thanks

Can you check your LNB feed(s) with another receiver?

It might not be the DSR at fault here. Maybe there is a short in the feed that caused the DSR to reset?

MR is to be avoided like the plague at the moment.

Trinidex:

All channels DC channels had a 99 Quality. Unplugged the unit all last night and plugged it back in this afternoon, same thing. Moving the dish around to different birds this afternoon. That finally removed the 99 quality. I thinnk I am going to unplug the unit for one more night.

It seems as if the unit is still confused as a little more, doesn't seem to know where it is yet

Will update tomorrow

Thanks!!!!!!

sonyajon said:
Trinidex:

All channels DC channels had a 99 Quality. Unplugged the unit all last night and plugged it back in this afternoon, same thing. Moving the dish around to different birds this afternoon. That finally removed the 99 quality. I thinnk I am going to unplug the unit for one more night.

It seems as if the unit is still confused as a little more, doesn't seem to know where it is yet

Will update tomorrow

Thanks!!!!!!

The Quality reading can be "stupid" at times! I've seen minimal strength and 99 quality - weird.

I had a 922 go bad on me, symptoms were continuous tiling and break up on DCII channels.

A short in the feed will seriously upset any receiver!

Try checking Strength and Quality in the "Adjust Picture" option - in theory those numbers are more realistic.

I hate the thought that your rcvr has gone South, fingers crossed it's the feed or something.

Can you post your dish setup for us?

Incase you have Dual C-Band, can you disconnect one polarity and see what that does?

Cut the power, unplug it and disconnect your LNBs and wait for a few minutes, plug it back in, hit the power, let it run through it's cycle, wait a minute or two more, power down, uplug, reconnect your LNBs and then plug back up and hit the power. I know this sounds crazy, but mine wnet mazzo one time and this is what I was instructed to do by a certified installer. It worked.

Update:

It's back up and running. Except the Dish Position numbers are off by about 110 numbers now.

It was Superbowl Sunday when I went to change Sat's when it went beserk. Dish was sitting on X4/W5 for about a week. We had temperatures for 3 days from 20 degrees down to 0 degrees. The temperature on superbowl Sunday rebounded to about 44 degrees here in NM.

I am thinking maybe the jack may have been still froze up from the past days of 20 degrees to 0 degrees.

If this is the case, any suggestions?

Normally we do not have temperatures of 20 degrees or even 0 degrees. Even when we have temperatures of 20 degrees overnight, the temperature rebounds in the afternoon to 45 degrees or so

The 0 degree temperture thing hasn't happened since the mid-sixties. We did not have any snow or ice during this time period either.

Enough rambling, anthing we can do to keep the jack from freezing?

Thanks for listening!

Anthing we can do to keep the jack from freezing?

This situation is a bit different, but this is what I had to deal with. My first motor on the BUD would freeze up during cold weather and blow the fuse in the mover. I put a clamp on drop cord with a 200 watt flood light on it for the duration of the winter, turning it off and on as needed until spring came. This worked good. A friend of mine, who was an installer told me to drill a hole in the motor casing to drain the water. I did this and it worked fine for years. That was in 1983, I've had three motors since then and I have always made sure they had a drain hole. I don't know if the hot light will solve your problem, but you never know.

Maybe about half the size of a lead pencil. I notice that the motor cover I have now has one on each side of the bottom, it came that way. I also have a hole about the size of a pencil in the actual arm so I can see the screw and add 90 weight oil it. I had an arm that the screw inside it broke in half. My Dad, who was a machinist among other things told me that the screw had rusted through and it needed to have oil on it. There is a grease nipple on the arm, but all it ever did was squash the grease through the water drain hole in the motor and clog it. The grease never got to the screw. Since I took the Old Man's advice I haven't had anymore problems there either. I add oil at least twice a year or when I hear noises from it. I put the dish on AMC7 to drill the hole. You have to go completly through the outer and inner cover of the arm to get to the screw. I never go to AMC7 much except during hockey season so the hole is not exposed to the elements unless I am on AMC7. DO NOT drill the hole with the dish is a satllite position that you use a lot or stay at for long peroids. I hope this info is of some help to you. Those are just some of the tricks I've learned over the last 25 years. Keep me posted.

Thanks DiamondJim, we appreciate your advice.

We have only been at this since last April, and have lots to learn

Thanks once again!!!!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)