942 Backorder

mothergoose45

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 4, 2004
Ordered the 942 last week and it was backordered but they dont know for how long. Would anyone know how backed up they are on the 942?

If you ordered it direct of DISH it should be less than 10 days. I got mine in 6 days and that was justa few weeks ago. If you ordered it from a retailer, it will take longer.... much longer.

DishStore has been getting a steady stock of units in each week. THey have had no real delays in getting them or shipping them out.

I called up Dish, directly, on 5/17 and it was in my hands and activated by 11:00am on the 18th. So, they do have them.

We get our stock directly from Echosphere (Dish network) and they are still out of stock when placed our last order with them last Friday. No ETA from them yet. :no

I ordered from a reseller on 5/20; the 942 arrived directly from DISH on 5/26. Unfortunately, my install isn't until 6/3! Oh well; I'm reading the manual very carefully...

Could Dish be taking care of existing customers first for a change ?

Since I have been know to flame Dish from time to time, I guess it only fair to opine when I have a theory that reflects positivly on them.

Although publically denied, I speculate that Dish has been quietly approving 942 lease deals for many of their existing customers. I also think some of these customers were put at the front of the line for availability and delivery.

Although Dish's first priority was to get as many Voomers as possible, they soon started sifting in existing customers that were pushing for the lease deal but wern't willing to purchace.

This was a smart move because it got a lot of positive stuff about both the added Voom channels and the 942 out there quickly which increased demand for the 942 plus because it wasn't made public, they were better able to control the roll out and not deter any that were inclined to purchase from dealers. It probably all went better than expected, which accounts for the shortage now. I predict as soon as inventory returns, there will be an "official" existing customer lease deal offered.

I realize it's all money motivated but what-the-heck, I also gotta give credit where it's due. Thanks Dish

I ordered from a retailer that I know. He ordered it last Tues.(24th) Will it come to my home or to the Dish retailer?

I have an *extra* 942 sitting on my kitchen table that was sent by Dish. I ended up getting my install done by a retailer rather than Dish's local contractors which necessitated a 942 from a different channel. I have been waiting two more than two weeks for a mailing label so I can send it back to Dish to get my $250 back. After a week of waiting I called and requested another label, but I still don't have one! (Maybe today will be the day?)

CDH.

mothergoose45 said:
I ordered from a retailer that I know. He ordered it last Tues.(24th) Will it come to my home or to the Dish retailer?

It will probably come straight to you. The one I ordered through Dish when I set up my install came straight to me, and I had it completely hooked up (except the feed to the satellite dish of course) when the installers arrived.

seandudley said:
It will probably come straight to you. The one I ordered through Dish when I set up my install came straight to me, and I had it completely hooked up (except the feed to the satellite dish of course) when the installers arrived.

I did the same. Had it all connected except for the satellite feed.

if you ordered it through a local retailer it will most likely be delivered to the retailer, with all of the other equipment he ordered... they will send it to you if you ordered it through dish..

Waiting on a replacement for my defective 942. Supposed to be here tommorrow. The installer fried one of the tuners during installation and it never got to see the light of day. Tommorow won't get here soon enough!

Tech27 said:
Waiting on a replacement for my defective 942. Supposed to be here tommorrow. The installer fried one of the tuners during installation and it never got to see the light of day. Tommorow won't get here soon enough!

How did he fry one of the tuners ?:eek:

In another thread it was posted that they are to ramp up production of the 942. Must be a good demand for this reciever and they must not plan on having the HD DVR in large productions for a while.

I ordered mine last week (Friday I think) and it was here today (though I wasn't, so now I have to take a day off work just to sign for it). Woohoo!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)