942 vs 622?

cruzmisl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 29, 2004
HI All,
MY 942 works OK with some quirks now and then. I'm wondering, aside from mpeg4, if there are any other significant differences? Just trying to determine if it's worth the upgrade.

Thanks!
Joe

I upgraded to the 622 so I would get the MPEG-4 channels. It is generally a good box, but, like many others, I had my HDMI port go bad. I still think the 942 box was an outstanding machine.

dendavis said:
I upgraded to the 622 so I would get the MPEG-4 channels. It is generally a good box, but, like many others, I had my HDMI port go bad. I still think the 942 box was an outstanding machine.
...and it was a lot cooler too. I currenly have a 500Mb Sony HD DVR (ATSC/QAM) that sits a new inches away from the 622. After beign turned off all night, the surface temperature on the hottest part of the 622 is 96, but it is only 87 on the Sony DVR. I could leave the 942 powered on all night and it never heated up like the 622.

dendavis said:

I plan on using the HDMI port on the 622. If that input goes bad, does Dish have an obligation to replace your leased 622?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)