Please reply by conversation.

docj2005

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 19, 2004
st louis park mn
hi all long time sence i have been acive
that is becasuse i had a stroke back in january
also becasuse my system to a huge crash this last winter..

i cant offer much for the help i do have a few spare dishs and other equipment
that i dont need...
i beg of my sat buddys ... someone please help me get back up and running

thanks
docj

Attachments

• DSC00004.JPG
    DSC00004.JPG
    508.7 KB · Views: 337
  • DSC00003.JPG
    DSC00003.JPG
    348.4 KB · Views: 301
i would help ya out but i'm 900 miles south of you :(

if you had a friend or neighbor that could remount that dish in the same holes with a little larger lag screws it would probably work and still be on sat ...

good to see you back posting :)

thanks for the offer... i wish you were closer

you know i know there is others around here i know ice lives not to far from me but i know how busy he is...
i have a couple of dishs to try and get back up
heck who ever helps me could end up with my 1.2 meter dish... the one in he pic

i just want to get back in the game
i miss it alot

hi all long time sence i have been acive
that is becasuse i had a stroke back in january
also becasuse my system to a huge crash this last winter..

i cant offer much for the help i do have a few spare dishs and other equipment
that i dont need...
i beg of my sat buddys ... someone please help me get back up and running

thanks
docj

Sorry to hear that DocJ! I am sure that someone soon that is close to you will help you out! Hang in there my man! That is a good looking dish there! I hope the LNB favored well before it went south! I would say that the bolts holding your foot mount were a bit short! I bet that dish is a bit heavy! Keep your thread active so someone that is near you can see it! Good luck and take care of yourself! You will be back up before you know it! ;)

Kevin

postmortem

Looks like a nice ChannelMaster 1.0m or possibly 1.2m dish.
I really like those!
The motor appears to be a STAB HH-100 or HH-120.
That's a lot of weight to hang off the side of any sort of post.
Guess the wind got it... or a truck backed into it. :rolleyes:

From the angles of the mounting foot and J-pipe, it looks like the wooden post was originally plumb. :(
Ya might check the motor manual to see how big a mast it'll mount to.
Then, get a metal pipe that diameter and set it in cement.

I was actually thinking the same about a dish for me, "how big a pipe do I need?"
In my case, how big the dish can take is irrelevant.
But if the motor can take a bigger pole, then that's what I need to install.

Wish you success on your project.
Not much more I can do from the west coast. - :)

ou are right it is a chanel master 1.2 meter dish... i got last fall with the intent of doing my own cband thing that a lot have tride...
the one person that i thought would have chimed in is ice... but i know how busy he is... i consider iceberg the local god of sat things...

i know that there are more mmbers in the twin cities....

i realy hope someone will step up and lend a hand.... i miss watch the wild news feeds and the nbc feeds

Well,, that's a big job, and he's been pretty busy since he got his new job.
So, I wouldn't impose.

If you can decide how you want to proceed, then maybe by doing a little on it each day/week, you can whip it back into submission! - :up

ou are right it is a chanel master 1.2 meter dish... i got last fall with the intent of doing my own cband thing that a lot have tride...
the one person that i thought would have chimed in is ice... but i know how busy he is... i consider iceberg the local god of sat things...

i know that there are more mmbers in the twin cities....

i realy hope someone will step up and lend a hand.... i miss watch the wild news feeds and the nbc feeds

I'm in the Cities, what do you need help in getting going??

I've set up my own system more than once, so let me know where you are and what you need :)

I was really hoping this thread would end up like this. I wish I was closer as I would help in a heartbeat. Thanks DiscoLoveGrapes. Heres hoping you 2 connect.

I may be able to lend a hand.....depends what's wrong with your system. I've done share of installs for myself...including the using plywood as I see you did to attach the dish to the motor mount. Depending on where in the Cities you are........I'm in n/w Wisconsin.

i basicly need help getting my dish remounted and lined up
before my stroke i was going to try the 1,.2 meter cband thing and never got the dish going,,, now my field of vision is all messed up and my dish to a dive somtime last winter... SEE PICS
i would be happy with going back to my 90cm dish

i live in st louis park which is just west of minneapolis

Last edited:
ok guys here is an update....
disco came over helped me take inventory and clean things up
in doing so i think we are going to try and get my old 90 cm dish up and running
but i dont have the lnb arm anymore

does anyone have a spare that they might donate...

i just thought of something else i could use
does anyone have a spare remote for a coolsat 5000 layingaround i can seem to find mine
thanks
john
i founf the arm for the dish and a lnb hold that should be on its way soon

i wNT WSTART BY SAYING A HUGE THANKYOU TO EVERYONE WHO has jumped in on this so far...

and at the same time wonder why a few havent said anything ... like at leaset on big guy that i thought would have alease welcomed me back after being gone for sometime...
but i know how busy he is and i understand....

seems like we are making ground on this... the lnb arm and holder should be here by the end of the week and i have a remote on lone that too shoud be here soon...

ill let ya all now when i am up and running

again thanks
so far
doc

and i have a remote on lone that too shoud be here soon...
it shipped today :) only consider it a loan if you find you old one, if you don't find it ... the remote is yours :) i have two others so i should be able to get by ..... plus i like the coolsat so much i don't think i will be getting rid of it anytime soon :)

good luck on the rebuild process and also the stroke recovery
hopefully you'll be up and running by kickoff time :D

you know i know there is others around here i know ice lives not to far from me but i know how busy he is...
and at the same time wonder why a few havent said anything ... like at leaset on big guy that i thought would have alease welcomed me back after being gone for sometime...
but i know how busy he is and i understand....
I was not aware I needed to respond to every thread here :rolleyes: ;)
But since you said it twice (and someone else responded with it) yes I have been very busy with both work & personal life. IN the last month + I have had a new job, having my sister & 3 kids living here for a little while and they still show up on occasion as their bikes are here along with some other stuff. So I have had very little time to do my own things here (again non satellite related). So unfortunatelly helping anyone else out is kinda out of the question (plus I wretched my back a couple weeks ago so I have been limited to non lifting projects if I have time) :)

Iceberg...Life comes at ya fast some times. I hope your back gets better very soon, I know how painful that is. Also thank you for the great job you do on this forum.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)