A Listing of all the Religious and Shopping networks, for those who want them blocked

wcnghj

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 18, 2010
New England
Want to block out the shopping and religious networks from showing in your channel guide? No problem, I've tried to make a complete list of these channels so you can block them on your receiver. I might not have them all, so feel free to contribute.

71- IDEA
72- Informercials (Thanks, Fred Derf)
84-HSN
85- BEST
86-JTV
98- Sponsored Channel
104- IDEA
134- SHNBC
165- Sirus Info
219- Auction Network
220- MALL (Thanks, Fred Derf)
221- Direct Shopping
222- HSN
223- BEST
224- SHOP
225- Cutlery Show (Shopping)
226- HSN 2
227- JTV
228- SHNBC
229- GEMS
230-ICTV
258- Church
259-INSP
260-TBN
261-EWTN
262- Angel
263-DYSTR
264- Kids Bible
266- Angel 2
267- CTN
274-LQ CH
275- Informercials (Thanks, Fred Derf)

500 thru 558- PPV Movies
561 thru 572- NBA League Pass
626 thru 639- NHL Center Ice

9393- 3ABN
9399- CTN
9403- BYUTV
9407-COLRS
9409-TBN
9411- NAUHS
9313- ALMA
9414- V-ME
9417-EWTN
9464- PPV

9542 thru 9572- NHL and NBA
9644- Sponsored Channel
9648-IDEA
9649- BEST
:)

Last edited:
Haha nice, great job! I'll definitely use this when I set up my favorites lists.

Right now I just use "All Sub" and sometimes it's painful.

Dish recently sent us a replacement for our 622 with a busted HD. By far the most painful part of that experience was tracking down and locking out all the unwanted channels (SD, religious, shopping, infomercials, sports, etc.). I wish this list had been available before I embarked on my search and destroy mission. It would have saved me a bunch of time :)

FWIW I also remember locking out some shopping channels hiding in the local channel # range.

Talon Dancer

TalonDancer said:
Dish recently sent us a replacement for our 622 with a busted HD. By far the most painful part of that experience was tracking down and locking out all the unwanted channels (SD, religious, shopping, infomercials, sports, etc.). I wish this list had been available before I embarked on my search and destroy mission. It would have saved me a bunch of time :)

FWIW I also remember locking out some shopping channels hiding in the local channel # range.

Talon Dancer

One of the great things about the newer dish 2 way emotes that save your preferences and timers on the remote (if you back them up regularly). Too bad they don't automatically back these up online for you.

One of the great things about the newer dish 2 way emotes that save your preferences and timers on the remote (if you back them up regularly). Too bad they don't automatically back these up online for you.
Yes. As I was tediously setting all the prefs. channel locks, etc. I was wishing I had one of the newer 2 way remotes.

The Dish site only lists the old style (1 way remote) for our 622. Do the new ones (2 way) work with the 622? If so, how much would one cost?

Thanks in Advance - Talon Dancer

Doubtful. I don't think they work with the ViP722, but would LOVE to be told otherwise.

I can do a backup to remote with my 222k using the 21.0 remote.

Possibly dumb question. How the heck do I the backups? Does it work with 20.0 as well?

Thanks

EDIT: Nevermind, after some searching figured it out it has to do with the zero button.

EDIT2: Works great on my 722k. I even held the 20.0 remote upside-down haha. Held it up in the air, arm was getting tired while the green bar was progressing :D .

Last edited:
Gee enough crap to fill 2-3 Transponders.

We could have 12 HD channels instead of this garbage!

Gee wouldn't that be something if Dish announced they where getting rid of all the shopping channels and replacing them with HD channels that we would actually watch.

Gee enough crap to fill 2-3 Transponders.

We could have 12 HD channels instead of this garbage!

Gee wouldn't that be something if Dish announced they where getting rid of all the shopping channels and replacing them with HD channels that we would actually watch.

Yeah, but they'd only end up removing them later in some programming/money dispute!

Don't the religious and shopping channels actually pay dish to broadcast their channels?

If not? Charlie really needs to lay off the meds and think about that one.

Nice list OP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)