A little help please.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sindonesia

Original poster
May 3, 2004
I just had my voom installed today and for some reason I do not have a program guide. The receivers have been on since around 10 this morning and still nothing. I call voom and they couldn't figure it out either. Both receivers are plugged in to a working phone jack. Do you have any other suggestions???

Thanks for any replies.

Try to reset the STB. Hold down the power button on the receiver for 10 seconds then let go. This is restart the STB and hopefully after 10-45mins you'll have the program guide.

Do you get all the channels though? How about channel labels in the Program Guide? Is the current time displayed correctly?

pOiNTBLaNK= I have tried that but nothing still.

Ilya= I get all the channels with labels and the correct time but it doesn't show what is on.

Sometimes it takes a long time for the PG to update. I wouldn't worry about this (until tomorrow). If you want to try it again: reboot your STB (this time by unplugging it for 15 seconds) and after that wait for 10 minutes (!) before switching channels. I know, it is hard to resist switching channels on your first day with VOOM, but in my experience this helps to get the PG quicker...

By the way, welcome to the forum, and to VOOM!

Ilya said:
Sometimes it takes a long time for the PG to update. I wouldn't worry about this (until tomorrow). If you want to try it again: reboot your STB (this time by unplugging it for 15 seconds) and after that wait for 10 minutes (!) before switching channels. I know, it is hard to resist switching channels on your first day with VOOM, but in my experience this helps to get the PG quicker...

By the way, welcome to the forum, and to VOOM!
Thanks I'll try that again. But I just can't stop changing the channels...I want to watch them all today. :D

Thanks for the replies and the warm welcome.

This happened to me too. I took me a day to finally get the PG up and running. It happened overnight, but a software update also downloaded. That may be the problem too.

But there is a problem with the download and changing channels. My suggestion is to find a movie and the reset the receiver and watch the movie till the end. Then maybe the guide will be up. Otherwise wait until tomorrow and just look at the guide at Voom.com.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)