a n00b

Status
Please reply by conversation.
:eek:
i just searched some channel names on The List at the top of the page,and yes i am on the wrong bird.
i am at 91 w galaxy 17.
i stopped the other scan and moved my receiver to 91 w galaxy 17,which for some reason my receiver list as galaxy 11. i scanning it now and once that scan completes i will go to my most western bird and tweak my dish.

The Sat names change at they are replaced, which seems like an endless cycle. That's why the Sat list in the receiver is different. The Orbital Slots do not change, so 87 west stays 87 west.
You should start with the sat that is closest to your Longitude.
So start with 87.
Remember the Dish needs to be at it's highest point.

Set you Scan to 10, that will speed things up.

C Band is much more "forgiving" than Ku, so after you kind your Western most C Band Sat, try for Ku on Galaxy 27 at 129 TP: 11964

thanks again lak7,i'm getting rain again now but it looks to quit soon,when it does i'll adjust the dish to 87 then find my western sat.

well it looks like my night is done,between the rain i cant adjust my actuator to where i want it,as i have it now it will not reach past 107 anik7f1r.
i guess i'll tinker with the receiver for now.
is there a guide that any of you know of that tells how to set my receiver as 2 different sats,one for c band and one for ku band.i'm not havin much luck finding anything.
just having signal on these few sats i have found is like a ton lifted off my shoulders,i was worried my location wouldnt let me get anything with the mountains and the tree lines.
thanks guys,and thanks a million lak7 for all your replies.

You are not seeing, for example: "AMC 3 C" and "AMC 3 Ku" in the Sat List?
There is an "Add Sat" at the bottom of one of the Menus. It will have a corresponding Color on the Remote.
Did you get a Manual with the Receiver?

It takes time to get the receiver where You want it, and to learn it.
Stay with it, in no time, it will become second nature navigating the Menus.
Rainy nights are perfect for that.

ok,thanks again lak7,with all your help i am up and running.
a few minor adjustment on my actuator are all i like having it done.
i played with the receiver last night and finally understood how to ad the transponders i wanted with out having to do the blind scans,and how to add new sats to my receiver for ku band.
my signal strength ranges better than i expected,on some transponders i get 95 quality on c and ku band,but then some i only bounce at 20 to 40,some of the far west birds i can barely lock onto, but i have a mountain a some pretty thick tree lines over that way.
i'm sure later on i will spring for a bigger dish to help me with those weak signals.
but for now i am happy to have learned how to do this set up.
one last question. this dielectric insert,what is it for and where does it go?

thanks again lak7 you have been very patient and very helpful,i really appreciate it.

one last question. this dielectric insert,what is it for and where does it go?
The insert is used to view circular polarity signals, it goes in the throat of the feed horn.
Also, it is not really necessary.

To check you Dish angles, put the Dish on one of the Western Sats.
Then you can either, raise and lower the Elevation, or put pressure on the Dish higher and lower, watching for any improvement.
How is you Ku one 129 West, the "White Springs" channel?

having to regroup.
i had one of the parts mounted wrong and i couldnt turn my dish very far,so i am now having to re align everything,i'll let ya know as soon as i get everything re aligned and scan 129.
thanks again man.

got everything together and scanned in,thanks to you lak7 i am up and running.
i checked 129,white springs channel.
the best i can get there in 40 on quality,it's very cloudy today so i dont know if that will make a difference.
most everything is pretty strong,ranging from 55-90. 129 is my weakest spot but it is also where i have the thickest trees in that direction.
i am very happy with this setup,and have to say this little 6 footer is pretty strong.
thanks again lak7,and to everyone else who posted in these forums,between lak7's advice and reading all the info you guys posted i have setup my first BUD :)

May I jump in here with two questions related without being accused of hijacking the thread?

I'll be setting up a 10 footer myself and I have a Conaxsat Duo also, and I read this thread with interest.

1: What is a "Gbox?"
2: With a Duo, will I be able to watch white springs on 129, or will I need something else?
And if the GBox is what I think it is, a positioner, can I use a Legacy ll as a positioner?

Thanks,

Photto

Gbox 3000

See my signature where it says Gbox V3000.
It is hot-linked to the Sadoun web site where he describes the motor controller.
For more info, see this review by Linuxman, on the successor to the family of Vboxes.

Whitesprings on 129° w is on a Ku band satellite.
If you have a Ku-band LNB, and clear line of sight, you should be okay.
I got Whitesprings on a little 20+ inch dish a couple of years ago. :)

with a little more tweaking i got white springs at 85 quality.
i am not sure the cnx duo is the best receiver for c/ku band,i have trouble with the box freezing sometimes when changing from sat to sat.
what i mean by freezing is that it wont show any signal that i know is there and i have to reboot the receiver by flipping the on on/off button on the back.
this got really annoying when i was trying to scan for all my sats. i would be tweaking only to realize the box had froze and wasn't going to show any signal quality no matter what.
now it could be my fault cause i am still new to all of this,or it could even be the fact that the receiver i got second hand.
as for the gbox it works fine with the receiver,it's easy to store the sat positions.
also you can add transponders in the channel search menu pretty easy,and if ya want to add a new sat like for seperate c and ku band browse over to the end of the sats menu and you will see it starts wiht newsat00 newsat01 etc. this is where ya add new sats.
you may have already known this but i didnt.

Q85 on White Springs is Good. Sound like you are Tracking very well.
If the box had "hackware" on it, that "may" be the issue.
Have you reloaded the Factory Firmware
If not, back up your Channel List first.

Again, nice job
:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Zinwell 4X4

The future of Nasa channek Ku-band

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)