A new one coming

Thanks for posting Mgsports. While I generally would welcome a new diginet I'm not so sure about this one. If it comes to fruition it sounds like a good portion of the shows we currently enjoy would be moved from Antenna TV to Antenna TV Classics to 'recalibrate its lineup with shows to attract younger viewers'. Stations in our area have been timid about adding diginets so I'm afraid they might stick with the reformulated Antenna TV rather than making a deal to replace/expand with Antenna TV Classics. :(

Thanks for posting Mgsports. While I generally would welcome a new diginet I'm not so sure about this one. If it comes to fruition it sounds like a good portion of the shows we currently enjoy would be moved from Antenna TV to Antenna TV Classics to 'recalibrate its lineup with shows to attract younger viewers'. Stations in our area have been timid about adding diginets so I'm afraid they might stick with the reformulated Antenna TV rather than making a deal to replace/expand with Antenna TV Classics. :(
Agreed....

FTA4PA.....What you think this AntTV classics....Sitcoms from the 50's and 60's and AntennaTV from 70's till now....
Hard to say but my guess would be that Antenna TV Classics would include the 50's, 60's as well as the 70's which is the majority of the current Antenna TV lineup. The redesigned Antenna TV would probably be 80's and up shows, 'to attract younger viewers', perhaps with additional trendy content provided/acquired by Tribune. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: localclassictvfan
Yeah, I can see ATV Classics getting on the air easily in Tribune markets (we have two Tribune stations here) but is there really enough "shelf space" left in other markets to make it successful?
Even here, our Tribune stations already have two subs each:
WTTV CBS 4.1
WTTV Independent 4.2
WTTV Comet 4.3

WXIN FOX 59.1
WXIN Antenna TV 59.2
WXIN This TV 59.3

I would expect Antenna TV Classics to go to 4.2, replacing the syndicated shows that are there now, but they might also decide to move This TV to 4.2 so that ATV & ATV Classics could be next to each other on the dial.

I'm a little disappointed that for all the action with CBS and CW in our market (Indianapolis) no one has picked up Decades. I really thought it would be a great idea for the station that lost CBS, because they could still claim to have some CBS programming on Decades - or for the new station that picked up CBS, because they could have gotten two channels for the price of one. But so far no one has taken any interest.

Reactions: N5XZS
KC area maybe 4.4 and 4.5 Comet.
Ever noticed your probably the only market with 3 sets of twins. 2 stations owned by the Hearst Corp. 2 by Scripps, 2 by Meredith. Oh and as for WDAF getting the new Antenna2 yes, as for Comet you got KCTV or KSMO as your best chance (Meredith). If I didnt say this too you already the reason why you have no subs on your major networks like KCTV. Scripps and Meredith have contracts with the same sub networks and look at your rabbit ears lineup. Your scripps stations the spot 38 and NBC 41 have all your KATZ networks plus Cozi which left Meredith stations holding the bag. However with the way things are going you have the two Hearst 9/29 and the two Meredith to load up on the rest so you stand a better chance than alot of others...

I'm a little disappointed that for all the action with CBS and CW in our market (Indianapolis) no one has picked up Decades. I really thought it would be a great idea for the station that lost CBS, because they could still claim to have some CBS programming on Decades - or for the new station that picked up CBS, because they could have gotten two channels for the price of one. But so far no one has taken any interest.
Where I'm at we have some room left for laff, escape, movies, cozi, comet, and a little decades too. I'd like to have decades myself.

Tribune owns WDAF and other Tribune's like St. Louis has Comet and it has a deal with Tribune,Tega,Sinclair stations.
Where's AntennaTV2 gonna go if Tribune launches Comet on Fox 4 WDAF. I'm sure Comet will explore other options besides Tribune, Tegna, Sinclair (Its owner), later on to get the affiliations up. KC market got space on a couple channels.

This TV can go back to KMBC/KCWE. WDAF can start it's own Independent channel or another channel so it can have like Comet.
At least you got ThisTV back when Hearst dropped it from KCWE for Movies last year, I lost ThisTV for American Sports Network (which is getting a lil better than I thought) and the Movies! launch was put on hiatus. Nonetheless getting back to the important aspects,the way your calling it will HIGHLY UNLIKELY work in your favor........Tribune will not drop thistv from WDAF and will not likely drop the fox and go indy with it, why drop a subnetwork you own off a STATION you own. You want Comet, H&I and Decades you got two Meredith (KCTV/KSMO) and Two Hearst Stations (KWCE/KMBC) I see plenty of slots open between those 4 stations..Start dialing and emailing...

I think it is going to be harder and harder to attract Gen-Xers and later to OTA. It just doesn't mesh with their viewing style.

I think they'd be better off adding some newer content to bait and switch the youngsters into watching older shows.

Reactions: localclassictvfan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)