A Note From Scott on New HD

I'm sorry, a bit off subject, but can someone please tell me why Cartoon Network in HD is needed? I mean, seriously?

This is why I need Cartoon Network in HD

Star Wars: The Clone Wars | Cartoon Network

This is going to be incredible...while I'm the biggest critic of HD channels with no HD on them, if cartoon network wakes up and shows THIS in HD? All bets are off...it better be on Dish...

Yeah, Cartoon network HD was one of the ones mentioned on Charlie's list. So its pretty safe to bet that it will be on by the time Clone wars airs. I know the movie won't be out until mid-august, and I figure the TV show will launch probably in November (The just need to torture us for 3 months and get the DVD out).

But even then, the Clone wars is supposed to also air on TNT-HD later. Not sure what "later" actually means, but at least that assurance is in place.

Edit: I just looked closer. I see Monsters HD now.

I bet those channels don't have any HD programming though.
Monsters HD shows a lot of stuff from film, so it is indeed HD, that is as HD as it gets in the "HD-Lite" DBS world..

So if Cartoon Network HD were to run some of the old classic stuff like the WB cartoons, I bet that would look darn good vs. SD.

Monsters HD shows a lot of stuff from film, so it is indeed HD, that is as HD as it gets in the "HD-Lite" DBS world..

So if Cartoon Network HD were to run some of the old classic stuff like the WB cartoons, I bet that would look darn good vs. SD.

i watch Monsters and KungFu quite a lot and find them to have excellent picture quality.

This is going to be incredible...while I'm the biggest critic of HD channels with no HD on them, if cartoon network wakes up and shows THIS in HD? All bets are off...it better be on Dish...
Assuming The Clone Wars is broadcast in HD, this will be the next "must have" channel for me after Sci-Fi.

My post doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but I was referring to the channels "teamlazyboy" put in his post.

I love Monsters HD. :) I got dish installed last week and I've been watching it as much as I can.

My kids are looking forward to Cartoon Network HD because they are Ben 10 fans. They promote that show as being in HD.

Apparently SciFi HD and USA HD are available but you need to unlock the channels on your 622/722, instructions available here. Thank Charlie Ergen for the link.

Apparently SciFi HD and USA HD are available but you need to unlock the channels on your 622/722, instructions available here. Thank Charlie Ergen for the link.

That's just cold. Rickrolling the poor Dish customers who are waiting as patient as they could.

I'll be sure to make a hole in the ground for you right next to my Dish hardware. :devil:

Just curious will they replace my dish 1000 with a 1000.2 in order to add a wing dish for 61.5? also how will this work for me when they move to an eastern arc MPEG4 setup? Should I ask for a specific setup such as a dish 500 w/ 300 wing? I am in Massillon, Ohio about an hour south of Cleveland.

If you have a Dish-1000, and want 61.5 also, there is no reason to replace your Dish-1000. The simplest way is to simply ad the 61.5 dish (with DishPro LNBF) and connect the 61.5 directly to the "LNB In" port on the Dish-1000 (after disconnecting the 129 LNBF). In fact, if your installer really wants to save $$, he can just re-use the 129 LNBF on the wing dish.

Eastern Arc is entirely different, because it supposedly will include more than one satellite slot (i.e. more than just 61.5), so the dish for that doesn't even exist yet.

So, feel free to add a 61.5 wing dish for the new HD locals, but not yet for Eastern Arc.

I think animation looks better in HD. am I alone in thinking this?

It depends on what it is. Pixar stuff (computer generated) looks better in HD. The drawn animation (e.g. Bugs Bunny) is not going to look much different.

Also note that movies - like the Pixar ones - are in widescreen, while all the 'cartoon shows' are in 4x3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts