A Note From Scott on New HD

Visiting family in western MA and CT. Thought I would check in to see what HD i a m missing. None I guess

You should see the HD cartoons on Disney. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and My Friends Tigger and Pooh look amazing! Even my wife stopped and said WOW!

Stores should put these shows on their HDTV displays.

My local walmart does. in fact even some of the animania looks goo.

Dish needs to act sooner than later. They are getting their *** handed to them and people beyond this board are noticing. Its bad when cable has as much or more hd. This AMC14 ordeal surely does not help.

Somehow, I find a big difference in animated movies, and Cartoons.. Cars was a movie.. Scooby Doo is a cartoon.. I don't care to see Scooby in HD. :)

i totally get what youre saying, was just throwing that out there.

but the ratatouille blu-ray was better pq wise than cars by a shade. i enjoyed cars more tho.

Not the leader anymore?

I noticed Dish dont advertise they are the leader, but rather have a quote from CNET "Industry leader in HD". Someone should tell them just because they are first in adding the most HD doesnt excuse them for being the last. D* also has some good phone people when I called to price (thinking of switching) They sure know how to dog VOOM stuff.

Well, I've decided to take the D* plunge. I will get it set up in a couple of weeks when I move. I will drop my E* to just the HD only pack and have $25 worth of credits a month because of club dish.

I Called D* and I am not switching because it will cost me $800 for equipment. I already invested a lot of money in my Dish DVR's.

Also, Sling is supposed to be integrated into the Dish receivers in 2009. I would rather have one box sitting on my shelf than 2 and the technologies integrated.

In addition, I like having the ability to time shift because I have distant nets for NBC, CBS and FOX and Superstation package for CW. I only qualified for NBC with DirecTV and would have to go through the waiver process again. I wouldn't get CW. (I live in an unserved area by both D* and E*)

Also, I have a lot of movies recorded on my Dish DVR and would have to go through the whole process to get them recorded again with D*. I really like the Dish DVR's and my wife doesn't want to learn new channels.

I have been thinking about getting D* for one TV and just getting distant nets and sports packages like EI, but the wife gets her things first (like pool and new flooring in the house and new windows)

OK, who has both?

Last I heard, scanning the guide on a D* receiver was slower than molasses..... I can fly through on my 722....

I just swapped from D*, so Id know. Yes, the 722 is faster, but your description matches someone who has read the board too much and is going off opinion.

At the end of the day, Dish's PQ aint close.

I Called D* and I am not switching because it will cost me $800 for equipment. I already invested a lot of money in my Dish DVR's.

Also, Sling is supposed to be integrated into the Dish receivers in 2009. I would rather have one box sitting on my shelf than 2 and the technologies integrated.

In addition, I like having the ability to time shift because I have distant nets for NBC, CBS and FOX and Superstation package for CW. I only qualified for NBC with DirecTV and would have to go through the waiver process again. I wouldn't get CW. (I live in an unserved area by both D* and E*)

Also, I have a lot of movies recorded on my Dish DVR and would have to go through the whole process to get them recorded again with D*. I really like the Dish DVR's and my wife doesn't want to learn new channels.

I have been thinking about getting D* for one TV and just getting distant nets and sports packages like EI, but the wife gets her things first (like pool and new flooring in the house and new windows)

Where does it day that sling is going to be integrated into Dish receivers?

OK, who has both?

Last I heard, scanning the guide on a D* receiver was slower than molasses..... I can fly through on my 722....

I have the 722 and my brother has the HR20. The HR20 is not only slow as molasses in looking through the guide, but changing channels is torturous. I would say 3-5 seconds on average for the screen to display when changing a channel. It was very annoying when trying to switch between games during March Madness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts