AAD - Is Out of Business

I was talking to an AAD worker, saying that they should add HD 2 month ago. The worker told me Dish Network was leasing those transponder space to them for $250,000 a year. I believe that is why AAD shutdown, and if they wanted to add HD Dish would have charged them even more.

I was talking to an AAD worker, saying that they should add HD 2 month ago. The worker told me Dish Network was leasing those transponder space to them for $250,000 a year. I believe that is why AAD shutdown, and if they wanted to add HD Dish would have charged them even more.
AAD had HD locals and then shut them down due to low subscriber numbers.

Someone at AAD was pulling your leg.

Dish is going straight downhill after this, they are never going to provide distant network again. I been in touch with customer service about this issue 24/7, if they really cared about their customers they would have done something before the closing date. I say in a matter of time that dish will be filing for bankruptcy.

umm seriously! You do realize that Dish has over 14 million customers and most of those really couldn't care less about a company that they have never heard of shutting their doors. My guess is Rupert Murdoch will own Dish before this causes Dish to file for bankruptcy.

Being one of the RVers affected by this, this is my assessment. While there are a fair number of full-timer RVers, not all use satellite TV, of those there is a divide between Dish and DirecTV,, and of those some were already using the "change service address" procedure because they didn't move very often.

I move about 40 times a year and relied on the channel consistency of DNS to keep my timers working. Since a lot of my timers were broadcast channels, the Hopper solved that problem.

I can see why AAD or any outer outside company cold not make a profit renting transponders and providing service to a reducing number of subscribers. However Dish is in a different position. As previously noted, Dish already has CONUS NY/LA channels so there is no additional transponder cost to Dish. There us the administration costs (certification, billing) which should be a break even if it could be charged for. But DNS is not an extra as it would replace Locals for a net even subscription price. (Can't have DNS and Locals).

Unlike a house resident, I have close to $2000 is equipment to receive Dish that doesn't work with DirectTV, so changing services is nit a whim decision. So life will change as I have to change my service address each time I move.

I found it interesting in this thread that so many responders were not RVers or truckers and DNS was not applicable to them. I guess the executive from Dish was correct, they are spending so much resources on "movers," which are challenged by the broadcasters, that there just wasn't enough resources for DNS service.

I was looking at the Beam maps here and it appears that WNBC, WCBS and WABC from New York are on the CONUS beam. I wonder If you can give a New York Zip Code and Get those channels nationwide? Comments, thoughts?

It would appear that the answer is yes. If The List shows the market, it would be in the guide. 119w.

Sent using SatelliteGuys Android App

I hate to be a Debby Downer for the people who were getting distant networks but this is pretty much a non issue. I understand that since you had them you know plenty of other that have had them as well but that is still a very very small percentage of customers. The only reason I even know what ADD is is because I come to this site, and I'm a retailer. We have zero customers that have this service or even know what it is.

I don't understand why people are mad at Dish. Dish didn't drop ADD, ADD is gone. Dish has no other options to provide distant networks to you currently. It's not like they can magically just send them your way. It sucks but you're going to have to find another solution like OTA until something new comes available.

CNN lost me when they left the CNN headline news formate of a 30 Min news cycle 24 / 7. Everything old is now again and I would think they would find sucess once again by taking hteir headline news station back to that format.

It's a sad story. Cnn started out covering local news so you could see what was happening in other burgs. Then they lost their way. Turner says it makes him cry.

Sent using SatelliteGuys Android App

Unlike a house resident, I have close to $2000 is equipment to receive Dish that doesn't work with DirectTV, so changing services is nit a whim decision. So life will change as I have to change my service address each time I move.

Perhaps just "settle" in one of the CONUS markets that you can reliably receive when traveling and just make due as long as they keep it on CONUS.

Add is still broadcasting. They took KTLA down, I thought that was a superstation ?

No need to spread rumors. KTLA has not been taken down. Ch 233 Superstation

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Perhaps just "settle" in one of the CONUS markets that you can reliably receive when traveling and just make due as long as they keep it on CONUS.
Last time I looked, there are spot beams for NY and LA. Not sure why Dish has the CONUS channels but a NY address won't do it.

As for all the recommenders of OTA, again usually not a RVers, RV parks tend to be in remote areas, not idea for OTA.

Dish is going straight downhill after this, they are never going to provide distant network again. I been in touch with customer service about this issue 24/7, if they really cared about their customers they would have done something before the closing date. I say in a matter of time that dish will be filing for bankruptcy.

Dish won't be going down because of this. I got my refund on my card and it was a big one. No one here has the numbers so that is speculation. As far as people not knowing about AAD, that is to be expected
because of the police state fascist rules sponsored by broadcast industries. Your ability to attract customers is not there!!! Also the general population at this point is a stupid bunch of sheep that don't even
know that in many areas you can get 95 plus channels free with an antenna, many of them in HD far superior to anything from Dish, Direct or Cable.

What will cause Dish and all others to get into trouble is that with all the channels up there there is little if any programming worth anything and most of that is stultifying dull stuff mostly reruns and marathons festooned with logos and popups that take up much of the screen.

Oh yes I was grandfathered I am a homeowner in a really big metropolitan area that does like to know what is going on in the rest of the world and hates censorship and being told what I can and can't watch
on my TV or radio by broadcast industry. Does not much matter does it when the service is gone. Wake up for gosh sakes!

there is no money in it for people that live in major cities like new york, los angeles, chicago, and atlanta. people who subscribe to this live in rural areas.

most folks in "rural" areas just want some type of network programming usually. They don't care where its from.
I will use my location as example. Depending on which provider you have the locals change. Here in Glendive, Montana we are market 210 out of 210 with 1 channel. CBS on -1, NBC on -2. No ABC nor Fox

If you have cable you get ABC & FOX from Billings (200 miles down the road). They use to get it from Denver in the old "Denver 5" days from C-Band about 5 years ago
Dish you get ABC & FOX from Rapid City, SD
Directv you qualify for LA distants because Directv doesn't carry the locals yet.

Back before DVR's yeah having a different timezone of the networks was cool if you had conflicts. Now its mostly a moot point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)