ABC in Laredo, TX

DSpud

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
Laredo, TX
Just curious, maybe I missed something, but I thought that Dish Network was going to be importing neighboring DMA's into markets without a full lineup of the "big 4" networks. Laredo, TX does not have an ABC affiliate, but Direct and Time Warner here import the San Antonio ABC channel. I thought dish was doing the same.

Seems like it would be an easy thing to do, San Antonio's spot beam completely covers Laredo DMA as well, so they would really just have to make it available to the people subscribing to the Laredo locals. Just wondering, thanks.

Since DiSH was bad a few years ago they lost the capability via court injunction to deliver such channels. STELA has given them a new bunch of "hoops" they have to go through to deliver them.
Has the channel been considered a "Significantly Viewed" channel in all of your market? If not there are more "hoops". Some markets have had such additions that appear to be "Significantly Viewed" recently. Other markets have had channels which require the additional "hoops" prepared for launch when the "hoops" are completed. Since "hoops" involve the Court they may not happen as fast as one would like. They must do it correctly or the opportunity goes away.

You might check recent Uplink Activity to see if the channel has been uplinked with a new channel number,

Last edited:
I have been watching for it but have not seen it up linked. It is an significantly viewed channel in our market. I know all about the court injunction that stopped them from delivering those channels. I thought this new law allowed them to deliver them again. I guess I just thought they had added most of them already. I guess its just wait and see, huh?

Well I don't know why I am worried so much about the Laredo locals; until they get the big four in HD down here, I will stay "moved". I have no problem getting the San Antonio locals in SD and HD in Laredo.

No idea what I am doing....

dish locals sd -cable hd?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)