ABC transmission change coming

Don't know if this had been posted. I've heard of workarounds for watching 4:2:2 but I get ABC OTA anyway. Still, it would be nice to select a feed that's convenient if one wants to watch "live".

ABC Feeds transitioning to HEVC 4:2:2 this summer - TVROSat

That's hilarious. I wonder if Manhattan is going to have to delay their new receiver release yet again, LOL.

I can't remember if Jeff S. promised 4.2.2 for his receiver, but over the last 2.5 years he's promised it'll have everything else, including ATSC 3.0 tuners, IP tv, and some sort of pay tv setup...

I have not read any ABC release that would indicate that the ABC network feeds will transition to 4:2:2. The technical bulletins and also the on-screen message on ABC feeds only reference the transition to HEVC. I believe that the poster on TVRO is referencing an earlier post on Rick's, where a member noted that the IRD recommended by ABC is capable of 4:2:2. If anyone has an ABC technical bulletin that states the transition is to HEVC / 4:2:2, please post. Otherwise, the post on an ABC transition to 4:2:2 is only gossip.

BTW... Watching 4:2:2 is either free or very cheap! Streaming 4:2:2 from the OS Mio 4K to my smart phone right now and mirror to my Sumsung 4K TV or use an Android tablet or a $50 Android Media box from Ebay or Amazon.

Reactions: primestar31
A member on Rick's posted that he has confirmed with a local affiliate engineer that ABC network feeds will transition to HEVC 4:2:2.

Time to test your streaming hardware / software or HTPC with PCIe / USB DVBS2 tuner.

Reactions: k.r.
I'll probably just watch OTA and save some hassle. OTA isn't TZ flexible, of course. I still have a PCIe card but never use it - don't have decent LINUX software for it.

Although I have the ABC feeds scanned in, I can't remember the last time I actually watched one.

However, I'm really interested by the Edision Os Mio streaming features. I have never experimented with anything of this type. I'm looking forward to setting this up now.

Reactions: Titanium
8BB4484D-25CF-4DE5-8C1D-7C9379BFBF5B.jpeg