ACC network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Why on earth would you think that? Do you know who owns ACC Network?

The Walt Disney Company. Walt Disney now owns FX, FXX, Nat Geo and that contract expired at the end of July so to me it made logical sense that Disney would try to add ACC Network to the contract for the other channels.

Give it time. Early season games are not so good. if I recall, it took Pac 12 a month to cut a deal with DISH. I do think it was a different era. Sports costs are killing pay tv, so there is reluctance.

I have no doubt but they will lose me over it and many other customers. This is one channel I have no choice but to chase after.
I do think they will get the channel but not having it at launch time and delaying for whatever reason isn't good.
Got a week for the CFB games to start so we shall see.

The Walt Disney Company. Walt Disney now owns FX, FXX, Nat Geo and that contract expired at the end of July so to me it made logical sense that Disney would try to add ACC Network to the contract for the other channels.
Oops, somehow I missed that. I knew some of the fox channels changed ownership, like the FSNs. I just can't keep up with these conglomerates anymore.

Last edited:
Give it time. Early season games are not so good. if I recall, it took Pac 12 a month to cut a deal with DISH. I do think it was a different era. Sports costs are killing pay tv, so there is reluctance.

What?? NO... My team places NEXT weekend and on this channel. That is my only way to watch regardless of how good the game is.
So I'll get a streaming service as of this coming Friday if nothing is done by then and each day calling Dish to raise hell...get concessions and so on.
1999 - current customer - I'm sure they will drop some funds or add something to keep me happy till its added.

Football pays the bills, ACC is inferior top to bottom. Also, Dish signed with the Pac12 Network the night before the first game.

Naw... ignore the overrated AP rankings.. they mean trash. SEC didn't have such success till recent years. The PAC12 is down, the ACC is down but still won the national title.
Also the first game was already played and shown on ACC network the other night...may not have been football but it was a game.

Football pays the bills, ACC is inferior top to bottom. Also, Dish signed with the Pac12 Network the night before the first game.

Having lived in both SEC and ACC territory (Jackson, TN, Durham, NC, Charlottesville, VA), I can honestly say this: People in SEC areas spend more of their money on SEC football-related activities. Whether that makes those schools better varies from year to year, but, generally speaking, the more money you spend, the better quality teams you will have. In the legacy ACC areas, basketball is way more popular than football, aside from Clemson anyway. The expanded ACC schools tend to have slightly less focus on basketball, but it is hard to be in the ACC and not care about basketball at all. There is a reason Maryland left to join the Big 10 though -- football money. Football makes these schools many times what basketball does, and most of that comes from TV contracts, and that is probably why the ACC Network isn't on Dish yet -- they want more money than Dish is willing to pay.

that is probably why the ACC Network isn't on Dish yet -- they want more money than Dish is willing to pay.

Yup. We all know that. I just read that there will be FORTY regular season games on the ACC network this year. That's nuts. There are also a lot of FBS opponents vs. the usual creampuff games that air on the conference networks.

Dish should offer to put Disney+, Hulu, and/or ESPN+ on the Hoppers in exchange for a good deal on the ACC network.

Yup. We all know that. I just read that there will be FORTY regular season games on the ACC network this year. That's nuts. There are also a lot of FBS opponents vs. the usual creampuff games that air on the conference networks.

Dish should offer to put Disney+, Hulu, and/or ESPN+ on the Hoppers in exchange for a good deal on the ACC network.

I say give us ACC network and take off several other channels in its place... I'm willing to compromise.
Lets see... COOKHD, EHD, GSNHD, HALLHD, HDRHD, MTV, MVT2, to name a few I'd most certainly be willing to give back in exchange.
I'm reasonable. I'd prob give up at least 30 channels for it. Weather Channel, CNN, MSNBC - take that garbage and give me ACCN!!!!

I say give us ACC network and take off several other channels in its place... I'm willing to compromise.
Lets see... COOKHD, EHD, GSNHD, HALLHD, HDRHD, MTV, MVT2, to name a few I'd most certainly be willing to give back in exchange.
I'm reasonable. I'd prob give up at least 30 channels for it. Weather Channel, CNN, MSNBC - take that garbage and give me ACCN!!!!

I say take off all the sports channels like ESPN and the rest of the regional sports networks and garbage channels like Fox News and Fox Business and put the rest of the premium movie channels in HD.

You didn't get the point of my post. I was pointing out that some people think that only the channels they want should be added and other channels that people want are "garbage".

You mean the point that's already been made about a thousand times? Or the point that the other guy doesn't like CNN and MSNBC and you don't like FOX News and FOX Business?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)