ACC Network

Has anybody watched Packer & Durham? This is ACCN's version of Paul Feinbaum, but very different. It is son of famous ACC fathers Wes is the son of UNC's Woody Durham and Mark Packer is the son of CBS ACC shill from years ago Billy Packer. It runs from 7-10 and reruns from 10-1. Rather than Feinbaum's reliance on callers, it is mostly these two guys talking, umm, basketball. Interviewing ESPN talking heads from other shows, and remotes from the above mentioned on campus studios.

The show pretty much sums up the ACC's twin issues. First, unlike the other four P5 leagues, basketball is first and foremost here. They seem as confused about football as Feinbaum is about basketball (where he just lets the UK callers run things and takes weeks at a time off). But second, the ACC is still divided into the core teams and the northern ad ons. The two seem to have no knowledge or interest in those schools.
I've watched just a little bit of it but always tune into Pack on siriusxm 84 in the afternoons. The best college football show on radio.

Has anybody watched Packer & Durham? This is ACCN's version of Paul Feinbaum, but very different. It is son of famous ACC fathers Wes is the son of UNC's Woody Durham and Mark Packer is the son of CBS ACC shill from years ago Billy Packer. It runs from 7-10 and reruns from 10-1. Rather than Feinbaum's reliance on callers, it is mostly these two guys talking, umm, basketball. Interviewing ESPN talking heads from other shows, and remotes from the above mentioned on campus studios.

The show pretty much sums up the ACC's twin issues. First, unlike the other four P5 leagues, basketball is first and foremost here. They seem as confused about football as Feinbaum is about basketball (where he just lets the UK callers run things and takes weeks at a time off). But second, the ACC is still divided into the core teams and the northern ad ons. The two seem to have no knowledge or interest in those schools.
Syracuse seemed like a bad fit for the ACC. They were a powerhouse in the Big East and just got lost in the ACC with the Carolina schools. The ACC trying to grab the northeast just didn't make sense. Not as bad as the Big 10 grabbing Rutgers but not much better. These schools went for the money and didn't think about how it would affect the teams themselves.

I really like Mark Packer, I listen to his show on Sirius #84, 4pm - 7pm every day ...

I can't get the ACC channel to see what he has to say about the ACC specifically.

Just noticed I have access to watch ACC network on my ESPN app and DirecTV app says I can watch in home but not stream as of now. Looks like they added it to some packages without the sports pack.

ACCN seems to be on more providers now, Cox has it in their lineup. I wonder if ESPN needed it on more platforms so it lowered demands.

ACCN seems to be on more providers now, Cox has it in their lineup. I wonder if ESPN needed it on more platforms so it lowered demands.

Disney is requiring cable companies to carry it when they renew carriage agreements, so it will eventually come to Comcast whenever theirs is up for renewal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)