ACP test NOT starting

slavko

Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
hi,
I recently installed a .98c antenna with a horizontal shim. I'm connected to the SatMex5 bird using 1170 transponder (990 works even better). I have over 80% signal strength on receive, however, I cannot get the XPOL to start. Always shows me:
"Requesting reply, please wait..." (Both in Auto and Manual mode)

Any ideas would be appreciated. I have pics of the install if necessary.

-- thanks

Last edited:
Check connections, cable, change odu, try another modem. You can also try to RF the modem. Also make sure you have the right zip code. Another solution is to try to force range the modem while trying to do a ACP test.

What model modem?

I have an HN7000S modem. I have already RF'd the modem and checked all connections. I have also tried to Force Range the modem, no go. The ZIP code is not applicable, as I have re-pointed it in Mexico (near Cancun), it was originally in Florida. (I have manually enterted the Long/Lat parms). I also diagnosed the Radio, all codes seam to indicate the the radio is functioning properly.

I think it may be an issue with the ZIP code. How far off would I have to be when entering the Lat/Long manually for the HN7000S modem to see this issue? If the Lat/Long parms are NOT within tolerance, would this cause the ACP test to stall at "Requesting....Waitng for Reply..."? Thanks again in advance for any advise you can provide.

==============================================================================
If all else fails....
If there are any HughesNet install techs going to be in the Cancun/Playa del Carmen area of Mexico in Feb, let me know.
I'd be happy to meet you at the house and pay you for your time to diagnose and repair this issue - Tequila included :)
Thanks.

Specs:
-- HN7000S Modem
-- Commissioned for SatMex5 (1170 transponder)
-- .98c Antenna
-- 1-Watt Radio
-- Horizontal shim installed
-- All mounting completed on flat Roof with good line of sight
-- Current receive Signal Strength 80%
-- New service as of Jan. 2008
-- Originally installed in Florida using .74c Antenna (worked fine there)
==============================================================================

Last edited:
So...is everyone all out of ideas already?? I'm getting conflicting responses about the importance of the Lat/Long (ZIP Code) parameter for xpol...some say it's NOT checked...others say it is very important? Do I have to notify the NOC that I changed antennas and location? I was originally commissioned on a .74m in FLA, but I now installed the same radio on a .98m in Mexico.

Last edited:
lat and long is vital. That is how the modem ranges depending on the location you put in. You do not have to contact the NOC if you are using the same radio.

What type "brand" of cables and how long?

Thanks for responding Tate, much appreciated!

I am using the original install standard R6 Coax about 100ft in length. I really think this issue could be caused by the Lat / Long parms not being precise enough. Would it be better to enter the Lat/Long parms directly into the modem with telnet commands or is it sufficient to simply BLANK out the ZIP CODE and manually enter the values in the Installer - Re-registration screen?

I would stay out of telnet as much as possible if you are not 100% sure about what you are doing. You could turn the modem into a brick. Only do an rf which I suggest then go through installer setup.

hi Tate...do you think it would be safe to apply the following commands to store the lat/long into the modem as follows:

From a command prompt, type "telnet 192.168.0.1 1953" without the quotes. At the telnet prompt, enter the following keystrokes,
where [enter] means hit your return or enter key and [\] means hit the backslash key, etc.
1. [enter]
2. [a] [enter]
3. [enter] 3 times
4. Enter your longitude degrees then [enter]
5. Enter your longitude minutes then [enter]
6. Enter [1] for western hemisphere then [enter]
7. Enter your latitude degrees then [enter]
8. Enter your latitude minutes then [enter]
9. Enter [2] for northern hemisphere then [enter]
10. [\] [enter]
11. [pw] [enter] [y] [enter](If you are sure!)
12. [enter]
13. [enter] 2 times
14. [d] [enter]
Wait for ranging to finish. When ranging is done, you will see the message "[NORANGE_REQD] Transmitter ready. TX code 8"
15. [enter]

16. [z] [enter] [z] [enter]

I got this from HughesNet Uncensored Tips/Tricks.

----------- OR -------------

should I just use the DSSSat Tool to do it with the GUI front-end? I think they both accomplish the same thing.

-- thanks

Woohoo...Finalmente....

That was the issue! I ran DSSaTool and put in my Lat/Long coords to the modem, then finally, I was able to get into the queue for ACP testing. Was able to PASS ACP within a couple of tries with different transponders and went right thru registration!

Thanks again for all the help from members of this site. Hasta la vista baby!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)