Activating Owned DVR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

stellar832000

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 3, 2005
San Antonio
I will be getting Directv in a few days I got an HDDVR and two standards...my aunt has an r15 she owns and said she would give it to me (her contract ended and she switched to dish) do you think I will have any problem activating it?

I will be getting Directv in a few days I got an HDDVR and two standards...my aunt has an r15 she owns and said she would give it to me (her contract ended and she switched to dish) do you think I will have any problem activating it?

If this is NEW service D* was requiring you to have at least ONE NEW rec. Aerwe you getting the HD DVR from them or NEW ?
IF you are activating any NEW rec. then you should not have any trouble activating the R-15, you may have to have them send you a new Access Card, but that should be all.

Jimbo

Yes the hddvr and the two standars reveivers are new from directv...the r15 is from my aunt she says she bought it before they started the leasing program

Yes the hddvr and the two standars reveivers are new from directv...the r15 is from my aunt she says she bought it before they started the leasing program

What I would do, just to avoid confusion, is to have D*installer activate the rec's on the order, then a few hours later, call D* and tell them you want to add a rec you have, like I said, you may need a new AC.

Jimbo

um..

when you call and activate used receiver
make sure they mark your receiver as owned.. cause the normal CSR didnt and it showed up as leased and could not change it to owned,, i had to be transfured to the (accesscard Deptartment)
@ 800-695-9251

and they did it without problem - even used the old cards.. :D i didnt even provide the access card numbers to them.. :) all i gave them was the Receiver ID # and it was all set..

um..

when you call and activate used receiver
make sure they mark your receiver as owned.. cause the normal CSR didnt and it showed up as leased and could not change it to owned,, i had to be transfured to the (accesscard Deptartment)
@ 800-695-9251

and they did it without problem - even used the old cards.. :D i didnt even provide the access card numbers to them.. :) all i gave them was the Receiver ID # and it was all set..

Were they the old receivers you found in your neighbors garage cans :)

Used receiver

I wrote in here a while back about activating an old receiver I got from my aunt...well after talking to her she says she owns the receiver but never paid her final bill! Do you think directv will still activate it....she claims she sold all her other receivers and they were activated just fine...but she's charging me so idk if I want to pay it if its not going to work....

The rec. your getting may have been the original (lead) on the account so all the past balance may be tied to that rec.

You could easily get another one from D* with NO STRINGS Attached. possibly free.

Jimbo

Well I'm a new customer so I don't think Ill be able to get it for free (I've already been installed) how much do the standard dvr's run?

Please stick with one thread, no need for a new one just 2 days in.

The standard DVR is $99. The HD DVR is $199.

Anything less that that depends on the account, and you can call 800-DIRECTV to see if you can get it for any less.

Well I'm a new customer so I don't think Ill be able to get it for free (I've already been installed) how much do the standard dvr's run?

SD DVR , probably $ 100 or less...... probably LESS.

edit: after looking at my account, it says a SD DVR is $ 99.
you can check you account on the D* website if you have signed up and see what they will offer you online and then call in and see what price they give you.

Jimbo

Please stick with one thread, no need for a new one just 2 days in.

The standard DVR is $99. The HD DVR is $199.

Anything less that that depends on the account, and you can call 800-DIRECTV to see if you can get it for any less.

Oh so sorry, I didn't realize my extra thread would cause problems...next time ill be more careful??...thanks for the prices though

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)