Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr.Arizona

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
33N 112W
Hi there.

what actuator would be needed to move a 1 meter offset within ~120/130 degrees? 12", 18", 24" or 34"

I played with some H-H motors and there is too much movement, for my taste, when i move from one site of my true south to the other side of my true south (almost 1 degree here and there).

Thanks

Hi there.

what actuator would be needed to move a 1 meter offset within ~120/130 degrees? 12", 18", 24" or 34"

I played with some H-H motors and there is too much movement, for my taste, when i move from one site of my true south to the other side of my true south (almost 1 degree here and there).

Thanks

Mr.Arizona if you are talking about using an Actuator for a 1 meter (39.36 inch) Dish that would seem like overkill. One of your best bets would be a Stab HH-120 Motor which would give you approx 80 degrees of travel from East to West, and extreme accuracy. I have used one on my 1 meter Fortec Star Dish and it worked very well. That is once you set the Stab HH- 120 Motor for your South Satellite using a Sat Receiver that has Usals, - your usually finished - no more adjusting is likely required! But with the Actuator on my 3 meter Dish once you set up for your South Satellite you then have to check and adjust for the far East and far West Satellites, then a bunch of Satellites in between. It is a time consuming process. Also I don't think any Actuator will give you 120 degrees of travel, best I can get from mine is about 80 degrees, maybe the experts can advise. Hope this helps.

Thanks so far.

Right now I am using an DG2100, which doesn't seem to be the "original" (flea-bay crap?).

When i " fine tune" my setup, let's say from 112 true south to the east, it works good. If i now move over to the west from my true south i have a "movement" of about 1 degree at the motor. Same if i do it the other way. Which means in this case that i have to set all satellites west from my true south from USALS to "user" and manually move the dish about 6 "clicks" back to east.

Not sure if that is just an issue with my motor or if that is an general issue with H-H motors.

If it's an general issue I hope to fix the problem by using an actuator.
I don't have a problem with the setup of an actuator. Back in my "
younger" years i had an actuator on my 35.5" offset, for which it took me a couple of hours to set it up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts