Actuator sources

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

LocutusOfBorg

Free speech is more important than your feelings
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
USA
Who sells 36" 36V actuators under $200? (I might go to $250). Sadoun is out of stock on their QARL-3636.

Anything is better than those cheap chinese actuators, it's the worth crap i ever had.

I'd like to fix this Superjack but I don't see anyone selling the motor. I opened up the motor and one of those plastic gears was in a million pieces.

Anything is better than those cheap chinese actuators, it's the worth crap i ever had.

Likvid, Which actuator isn't made in China? Even the Von Wiese is compiled Chinese parts assembled in Mexico.

You see to be confusing "cheap Chinese crap" with the product choice of today's consumer and many suppliers. Great high quality products are available from Chinese manufacturers, but the current Walmart mentality doesn't support the distribution of quality products and the corresponding price tags.

Please eliminate generalizations. If there is a specific product that doesn't measure up, call it out!

Last edited:
Likvid, Which actuator isn't made in China? Even the Von Wiese is compiled Chinese parts assembled in Mexico.

You see to be confusing "cheap Chinese crap" with the product choice of today's consumer and many suppliers. Great high quality products are available from Chinese manufacturers, but the current Walmart mentality doesn't support the distribution of quality products and the corresponding price tags.

Please eliminate generalizations. If there is a specific product that doesn't measure up, call it out!

You seem touchy because you sell these products, i've been into sat for 25 years and know what's quality or not.

Have you ever owned a quality actuator like Thomson Saginaw or Linak or from any other quality manufacturer to even justify your comment?

Doesn't matter what you say, these so called SuperPowerJacks made by Moteck which i know you sell in another name is utterly crap when it comes do quality, noisy, cheap motors, cheap gears, the noise is much due to the slack in the gears inside.

I'd like to fix this Superjack but I don't see anyone selling the motor. I opened up the motor and one of those plastic gears was in a million pieces.

Saudon sells the motors, they are now called SuperPowerJacks, and made by Moteck and sold as OEM to many dealers and other distributors.

Of course I will defend the quality products that Satellite AV manufactures and distributes. That is because their is a difference in the build quality of any product that is built in any country. You get what you pay for.

Your generalization on Chinese manufactured products is incorrect. The consumer and the OEM supplier determine the level of quality. We are observing a market evolution even now. Consumers are demanding higher capacity HH design lightweight motors. The importers and manufacturers responded with several solid units with metal gears. The cost is higher, but definitely a better quality build!

Been an active technician in the satellite industry starting in the early 80's and know many quality products. You are correct, most products provided to the consumer market are cheaply constructed and less expensive. Satellite AV does not sell actuators of any brand and I will only distribute a product that I would be proud to have at my home.

Back to the original post..... JonnyNobody, Let us know what your search turns out. Venture might be an option, but haven't seen their product in years can't speak for the current quality or country of origin....LOL! :rolleyes:

Let us know what your search turns out. Venture might be an option, but haven't seen their product in years can't speak for the current quality or country of origin....LOL! :rolleyes:

That's stupid, Venture makes the highest and strictest quality actuators in the world together with Thomson and Fasco and some other manufacturers.

If you look into one of the Moteck or whatever they are called from China made actuators for large dishes you can see bearings are made from plastic, the metal they use are some cheap second market metal that can't be sold anywhere else stupid chinese people who repack it and sell it, you can read about the famous Chinese bolts and nuts that has spread all around the world because they are dangerous and they fail in tests, actually they break and shear very easy because the metal, this is in almost all chinese made products that use metal of some part.

Moteck is famous for this, they use this in all their products, even the casing.

Jaeger who went bye bye a few years ago tried to squezze all money they could out of their products, Jaeger was pretty good 15 years back, but over the years they replaced all bolts and nuts with this cheap metal Chinese companies use all over.

Even a German and Italian satshop started to sell re-enforcement bracket because the motor would crack in the housing after while, i can send you the link to it if you want....

How can you be proud of this? because they are all low quality chinese branded built to last a short life.

Most consumers in this market today don't know what to expect because they have no experience of how a quality product should be, instead loads of shops all around the world spread cheap chinese made sat products that are not built to any high standards, they are only built to sell in large quantities, these companies don't care about customers or what they want, they only want to make fast money, they don't care about any reputation because they will clone themself into 100 other small chinese companies.

Last edited:
How can you be proud of this? because they are all low quality chinese branded built to last a short life.

I can speak with confidence on the GEOSATpro branded products that we choose to develop, manufacture and distribute. These are products that I take personal pride in, as they are not off the shelf, cheap OEM products.

Peace ...... ;)

I remember when MADE IN JAPAN was considerd Junk! Now they make some of the best quality electronic stuff and autos.I just think many are kinda upset that china has such a huge manufacturing market these days.I would love to see more MADE IN USA!but at least in the short term this isnt going to happen.

South Korea is the new Japan today, they make the best quality electronics today.

South Korea is providing much of the electronics design, but unable to compete in the international market with quality mass production. The majority of Korean products electronic sub assemblies are outsourced to China then final assembly in Korea. In discussing the situation with our partner Korean development companies they disclosed that Korea no longer has affordable line workers capable of high quality control standards on electronic assembly. Korean development companies are utilizing Chinese manufacturing for most assembly as these factories have higher QC with lower cost on large scale projects.

It will be only a few more years when this conversation will turn to the Vietnamese manufactured products. BTW, the cheapest and least expensive dishes are now coming out of Vietnam and Turkey. Up periscope.... FIRE!!! :eek:

It will be only a few more years when this conversation will turn to the Vietnamese manufactured products. BTW, the cheapest and least expensive dishes are now coming out of Vietnam and Turkey. Up periscope.... FIRE!!! :eek:

I work in a very high tech electronic company and one of our newest products that i test has the circuit board made in Vietnam.

Saudon sells the motors, they are now called SuperPowerJacks, and made by Moteck and sold as OEM to many dealers and other distributors.

Their website says they're for standard duty actuators - mine's a heavy duty actuator.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)