add vhf ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

OLD MAN

Original poster
Nov 17, 2004
I am at 37725 Dandridge TN and have a db8 and a cm 7777 preamp and a series 6 samsung hdtv televison set, when the change from analog to digital switch came about, i got a signal of 6 bars of signal on the tv for channel 6,8-1,8-2,10-1and several more, then channel 10-1 decided to switch to high vhf, now i get a signal of 1 bar on channel 10, I have purched a cm 5 element yagi to see if i can get channel 10 to come in without pixils and complete fade at times. My question is how far from the db8 should i put the cm yagi? should i put the cm7777 between the two or below them? Thanks for any help on this matter. OLD MAN

I am at 37725 Dandridge TN and have a db8 and a cm 7777 preamp and a series 6 samsung hdtv televison set, when the change from analog to digital switch came about, i got a signal of 6 bars of signal on the tv for channel 6,8-1,8-2,10-1and several more, then channel 10-1 decided to switch to high vhf, now i get a signal of 1 bar on channel 10, I have purched a cm 5 element yagi to see if i can get channel 10 to come in without pixils and complete fade at times. My question is how far from the db8 should i put the cm yagi? should i put the cm7777 between the two or below them? Thanks for any help on this matter. OLD MAN

I have a cut channel 13 with UHF yagis about 30 inches above and below it. The upper UHF and the 13 go into a 7777. The lower UHF has a separate cable, though I have a UHF Join-Tenna for the UHF antennas if I ever get around to installing it :) My transmitting towers are from 58-78 miles away and I have no problems. The 7777 is between the upper antennas though I don't think it really matters where you put it. I think for you a couple of feet separation between antennas would suffice.

Old man are you on Douglas Lake???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)