add vhf ?

OLD MAN

Original poster
Nov 17, 2004
I am at 37725 Dandridge TN and have a db8 and a cm 7777 preamp and a series 6 samsung hdtv televison set, when the change from analog to digital switch came about, i got a signal of 6 bars of signal on the tv for channel 6,8-1,8-2,10-1and several more, then channel 10-1 decided to switch to high vhf, now i get a signal of 1 bar on channel 10, I have purched a cm 5 element yagi to see if i can get channel 10 to come in without pixils and complete fade at times. My question is how far from the db8 should i put the cm yagi? should i put the cm7777 between the two or below them? Thanks for any help on this matter. OLD MAN

I am at 37725 Dandridge TN and have a db8 and a cm 7777 preamp and a series 6 samsung hdtv televison set, when the change from analog to digital switch came about, i got a signal of 6 bars of signal on the tv for channel 6,8-1,8-2,10-1and several more, then channel 10-1 decided to switch to high vhf, now i get a signal of 1 bar on channel 10, I have purched a cm 5 element yagi to see if i can get channel 10 to come in without pixils and complete fade at times. My question is how far from the db8 should i put the cm yagi? should i put the cm7777 between the two or below them? Thanks for any help on this matter. OLD MAN

I have a cut channel 13 with UHF yagis about 30 inches above and below it. The upper UHF and the 13 go into a 7777. The lower UHF has a separate cable, though I have a UHF Join-Tenna for the UHF antennas if I ever get around to installing it :) My transmitting towers are from 58-78 miles away and I have no problems. The 7777 is between the upper antennas though I don't think it really matters where you put it. I think for you a couple of feet separation between antennas would suffice.

Old man are you on Douglas Lake???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts