Adding a new satellite

Status
Please reply by conversation.
donaldlee

I always have issues entering a symbol rate on my Coolsat too

I forget that if its less than 10.000 I need the 0 in front :)

Iceberg said:
nope thats right

scroll to the bottom where they say "0.0E" and pick one. Put in the info and save.
go to manual scan and put in a transponder info and save it.

to get the satellite to the right number, go to motorized, select USALS (Even if you arent using it) and enter the satellite spot (89.0W) and save
Are you saying by doing it this way it puts the sat in the proper order ?

Thanks!

Now, I've learned how to enter the proper SR when it is less than ten.

Not to re-hash this old subject, but shouldn't Coolsat themselves just release a fresh list of sats??? This would definitely make lives easier. Just my opinion. Then we could just flash the box with SBS, and all the IA sats. Maybe not a good idea, only cause it makes sense. :hatsoff:

Oh wait, things that make sense, usually don't happen in this world. At least not at where I work.

Wait....I just thought

Money maker here! No, I'm kidding but this may work. Whoever has a truly updated Coolsat, could clone their box into a file. (Will that work?) and offer the file online for a small fee? (The fee covers time spent adding the sats/TPs) I'm willing to pay the fee as opposed to sitting all night adding freqs/sats/transponders. (I'm lazy) Is lazy talk allowed on this board? :eek:

techno935 said:
Money maker here! No, I'm kidding but this may work. Whoever has a truly updated Coolsat, could clone their box into a file. (Will that work?) and offer the file online for a small fee? (The fee covers time spent adding the sats/TPs) I'm willing to pay the fee as opposed to sitting all night adding freqs/sats/transponders. (I'm lazy) Is lazy talk allowed on this board? :eek:

define "truely updated"?

I just posted the other day a file that has satellites (KU) in order from 61 (Amazonas) to 148 (Dish 148) and most of the KU channels (IA5 exception) logged already.

Let me see if I can find that

Iceberg said:
define "truely updated"?

Meaning, that all the backhaul feed sats are in along with new ones that Coolsat doesn't have.

Isn't that for the 5000? I noticed that from the original thread. Is this a channel list that will actually update the satellite database as well ? Just wanna be sure. Thanks

Last edited:
That list has the KU/DBS in order from 61-148

61 Amazonas
61.5 Dish 61.5
72 AMC6
74 SBS6
79 AMC5
82 Nimiq2 (DBS)
83 AMC9
85 AMC2
87 AMC3
89 IA8
91 Nimiq1 (DBS)
91 G11
93 IA6
95 G3
97 IA5
99 G4
101 AMC4
103 AMC1
105 AMC15
107.3 ANIKF1
110 DISH 110
111.1 ANIK F2
113 Satemex 6
116.8 Satmex 5
118.7 DISH
119 DISH 119
121 DISH 121
123 G10
127 H1
129 IA8
148 DISH 148

yep. I don't see why not. They're the same menus and everything

I had a 4000 a while back and everything looked the same menu/channel wise

Excellent job! Thank you!

Hey, now question on sports feeds. Lets say for example:
Florida Marlins or Miami Dolphins uplinking a game from Dolphins stadium. Are there sports feeds that are shown direct from the stadium these days?? Like, say there is a commercial break in the game, and we still get to see the stadium feed and not the commercials?? I was always curious about that. Then there's hurricane season, another opportunity to see feeds from sat trucks. Just wondering whats out there. (or whats up there) :hungry:

(I have yet to get a better dish, i'm dealing with a Sony dish right now)

Thanks again.

yes there are still feeds out there. TONS of news feeds and some sports feeds

You might be able to get a MLB game on C-Band. Some of the teams that have an OTA partner still uses C-Band analog. NFL (other than pre-season) is fibred from the stadium or encrypted :(

College season is around the corner and thats when the "sports feeds" really kick in :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts