Adding a new satellite

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

donaldelee

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 7, 2006
Please advise how I can add a new satellite in my coolsat 6000! Intelsat Americas 8 89 w, and SBS 6 is not on my receiver. All assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

If it's like the 4000 you just move through the list of sats to either end and choose a blank one and rename it and enter the relevant info. Maybe someone else will jump in if that is wrong.

nope thats right

scroll to the bottom where they say "0.0E" and pick one. Put in the info and save.
go to manual scan and put in a transponder info and save it.

to get the satellite to the right number, go to motorized, select USALS (Even if you arent using it) and enter the satellite spot (89.0W) and save

Thanks! Very prompt response! Presumably, I should go to the satellite closest to the 89 ? ? ?

IA8 is not in my list either and I added the name and I added one of the frequencies from lyngsat but I didn;t know what to put in for symbol rate. I have G11 in that same spot so I figured the LO had to be opposite of that. DID a blind scan...nada. I use the 3500sd. ANy insight is welcomed.

:hatsoff:

There should be a SR. beside the DFreq. on Lyngsat.

http://www.dmsiusa.com/charts.htm

The L.O. (Local oscillator) is set depending on what LNBF you are using, it should be constant for all (Ku) satellites

Standard L.O. =10750

Universal L.O. = 09750-10600

Thanks guys! I was able to to get it in and jumped right onto an ABC feed. Neat stuff!!

Still trying

The responses have brought assistance! I thought I would have to change the antenna position. So, I did! Still nothing! Did changing the antennae position change the antennae position in the other satellites? ? ? Thanks for all of the assistance! You are all very helpful!

donaldelee said:
The responses have brought assistance! I thought I would have to change the antenna position. So, I did! Still nothing! Did changing the antennae position change the antennae position in the other satellites? ? ? Thanks for all of the assistance! You are all very helpful!

You should have put in the anntenna position (latitude & longitude) when you first set the receiver up. It should keep that by default-no need to change. What you need to change for the new sat you add is "Sat Degree". For IA 8 it is 89.0W-make sure you have the "W". Then you will need a "live" TP (as Iceberg provided above) to fine tune the sat using Diseqc 1.2. Double check all of the information )LO setting etc.) for the sat to make sure it is correct.

Thanks! Everybody has been quite helpful! I'm new to fta; as, if you couldn't tell! Now, I'm off to SBS 6 74 w. I have a coolsat 6000, 90cm reflector, with the QPH-031 LNB. Again, thanks, if anybody knows the settings for SBS 6 I would be grateful.

Thanks! Now, I will attempt SBS 6. Does anyone know the settings? Thanks in advance.

Do you mean the settings for the LNBF?

The L.O. for the Linear outputs is 10750

the L.O. for the Circular outputs is 11250

After repeatedly attempting to put 6616 SR in, and the menu refusing to accept the second 6, I must ask: Why will the menu not accept 6616 SR?

Try the DFreq./POL./SR that Iceberg gave you in post# 7 of this thread!

Thanks! I don't know for sure what I done to get all of the stations I did; however, I believe I read the post by PSB referencing the post by Iceberg, and followed it. I did not enter the 06616. I now have the Ohio ONN I wanted. I also have MSNBC. This is a news channel that I have really missed! Thanks for all the help. If everyone else does not have this, perhaps, you should do a fresh blind scan. Everybody has really been a lot of help. You are a bunch of good guys!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)