118.7 DISH
119 DISH 119
121 DISH 121
123 G10
127 H1
129 IA8
148 DISH 148
Shouldn't it be IA7 at 129 ?

Now, that, I have installed a satellite, how do I fine tune a channel using my coolsat 6000? Perhaps, I should start this in a new thread? If so, please place it in a new thread. This is still dealing with the menu of satellites/channels with the Coolsat. Please allow me to say thanks in advance.

Usually by using a LIVE transponder from the satellite you are aiming for, then watch for signal QUALITY only as you move the dish!

Let us know if you need a live TP. and we can give you one for whatever satellite you will be aiming for next :)

Thanks Iceberg, PSB, and everyone for the help! I have attempted to install several satellites, and none have RFD; although, some satellites indicate that RFD is one of the channels. Any ideas? All help is greatly appreciated.

donaldelee said:
Thanks Iceberg, PSB, and everyone for the help! I have attempted to install several satellites, and none have RFD; although, some satellites indicate that RFD is one of the channels. Any ideas? All help is greatly appreciated.

If you mean RFD-TV, that is not FTA. It is on C Band I believe.

Thanks! I have realized that it is on C-Band. I have my hopes up that, it will be soon with the articles I have been reading on the new satellite that is suppose to be coming. Has anyone heard about Galaxy 16, that, is suppose to be up? Again, thanks!

Thanks for the prompt response! Hoping the G16 will have RFD. There is nothing on any of the listings, lyngsat, or any others. Living in southern Illinois, [south central] and having the coolsat 6000, a 90cm fortec reflector, and HH90 motor, with the QPH-031 I wonder if there is a list for the satellites available for this area? I have read on this site where there are possibilities for obtaining C band, and ku, with a special LNB??? Without a BUD ! ! ! Thanks in advance!

Living where you do, you should have no problem getting just about all of the North American sats. Check Lyngsat under the "Beam" column for each bird.

You can get SOME C band with a smaller dish (40 inches or above). You can get more with a six foot stationary made by Fortec but you have to move it yourself. See:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=39119&highlight=minibud

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=32726&highlight=band+1.2

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=58683

Listed below are the satellites I have been able to install:

74.0w
79.0w
87.0w
89.0w
93.0w
97.ow
99.ow Nothing except pay stations, e.g., CNN Airport, MSNBC, CNBC, ESPN1, ESPN2.
101ow
103.ow
110.w
119.ow
123.ow
129ow

Could anybody advise of any others that, I should be getting? I believe that I have tried all of them. Perhaps, I do not know how to enter any fine tuning, to obtain all of the channels on the satellites I am not getting. Thanks to everybody in advance. I love my coolsat 6000 fta, Invacom, 90cm, motorized system. [Have I already said that lol].

donaldelee said:
Listed below are the satellites I have been able to install:

74.0w
79.0w
87.0w
89.0w
93.0w
97.ow
99.ow Nothing except pay stations, e.g., CNN Airport, MSNBC, CNBC, ESPN1, ESPN2.
101ow
103.ow
110.w
119.ow
123.ow
129ow

72-church station and a few others
83-just feeds
85-just feeds
91-mainly feeds but some are news feeds
95-CCTV 4 & 9 and a REALLY LOUD church channel :)

The only other satellites on KU are 113.0, 116.8 and 127.0 but those have ethnic chanels (spanish & chinese)

Iceberg, thanks! I thought I had most of the satellites. I wiill try 95. I enjoy watching all of the religious programs. Especially the wife enjoys the religious programming. Galaxy 10R has a lot of enjoyable programs. I've been receiving MSNBC, and NBC channels, I believe it is 74.0w. I have no idea how I receive it. It seems like most of the time it is available; however, some of the times it is not. Usually one of them is available. Sometimes CNBC is also available on this satellite.

just a heads up when you scan it in on 95, the audio is very loud (turn the volume down most of the way first) :)

Iceberg said:
just a heads up when you scan it in on 95, the audio is very loud (turn the volume down most of the way first) :)

Dude, I found that out the hard way! Some bum nut sittin at a podium praising God all night long.

The levels are alllll over the place on certain channels. Would be nice if the receiver had a compressor/limiter option.

Thanks for all the help on installing a new satellite with the coolsat 6000. Now, I will need to understand the channel master. It is my understanding that, this is also useful in adding the satellites, and channels. This is a great site for help on true fta. Very helpful group! Thanks!

After adding 99.0w, I received CNN, at 90%; however, there was no sound. Is this similar to the amc satellite? It has a dollar sign on my coolsat 6000 receiver indicating a pay station. You all have done great work on this site! I love my true fta set up. I wish I had got a bigger dish. I have the 36 inch fortec. I understand there is a 40 inch, that, my HH90 motor would have been able to turn.
Thanks for all the assistance!

None of us were getting the sound. It had nothing to do with AC-3 sound, if that's what you mean comparing it to AMC3? It had no sound, unless maybe it was Dolby E. Which I don't think any of us have anything to decode it with?

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)