New Setup Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dukedefile

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
avon, OH
i just installed a new LNB but my signal quality is still the same at 30% for 11965 i skewed but the most i got is 30% what is the signal quality for 11965? Is 30% the best on it? i get about 50% signal quality on the rest. how do upload an image? it keeps saying that it is an invalid image but it is a jpeg 1296x1302 and 354kb.

thanks

Last edited:
Signal Quality Problem

i just installed a new LNB but my signal quality is still the same at 30% for 11965 i skewed it but the most i got is 30% what is the signal quality for 11965? Is 30% the best on it? i get about 50% signal quality on the rest.

thanks

Attachments

• P1010183_edited.JPG
    P1010183_edited.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 148
  • P1010182_edited.JPG
    P1010182_edited.JPG
    261.1 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
I guess you have also tried moving the LNBF closer and and further away from the dish to adjust the focal distance (While watching the signal quality)

Looks like an old BJUP dish :) (Or DTV International?)

These are VERY prone to warping in my experience!

From behind the dish pull on both sides gently to see if your signal quality changes, if not do the same top and bottom!

Every one of these dish I have installed has been warped, they used to come with two support arm, using them made it worse!!!!!!!!!

Also make sure that you have not overtightened the four bolts holding the dish reflector in place! Hand tight then half a turn with a wrench is MORE then enough!

Watching it right now, seems like a Game show on!

I get 72% signal quality here in MN with a 36" dish and an Invacom QPH-031 LNBF

Dfreq. 11966

Pol. H

SR. 22000

so a fortec 80 cm or winegard 76cm would work?

my current dish is an elliptical dish would that affect the signal quality?

Last edited by a moderator:
The dish you have WILL work fine, it just needs "un-warped" as per my instructions above! Its a good big dish!

It maybe an idea to remove the reflector and place it face down on a flat surface like a table to see if its warped!

I would try my above suggestions BEFORE buying another dish, but its your money :)

I will also suggest that the dish that you have should be able to be easily fixed. No need to buy a dish at this point. I would not recommend a Winegard 2076 for reception of 11966 as this transponder is experiencing low quality issues at this time that are being most noticed on smaller or misaligned dishes.

The eliptical horizontal orientation of your dish actually should help with rejecting signals from nearby satellites.

I would not recommend a Winegard 2076 for reception of 11966 as this transponder is experiencing low quality issues at this time that are being most noticed on smaller or misaligned dishes.

huh? I just checked with my Winegard 76cm dish and Sadoun .4 LNB here in MN and the quality for that transponder is at 60-65 on the Pansat 1500. Most of the rest are between 75-77 so yes its lower but not that much. Right now we have dark cloud cover to the south (about to rain here pretty quick)

Where is the OP located?

you should have good signal then. I know people on the coasts had issues but the midwest we shouldnt have any issues :)

What are some of the other signal quality readings on other transponders on IA5?

other transponders are

12176 at 44%
12152 at 30%
12089 at 60%
11874 at 30%
11836 at 44%
11988 at 15%
11787 at 25%

WOW! That's pretty low!

I would also try another LNBF if you have one, also try running a new temporary RG6 cable between the LNBF and receiver if that helps snip off all the old cable ends and replace.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts