Adding Channels

eg9

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 29, 2004
My guide does not show "WB" channel 53 or "PBS" channel 40 but it was a great channel that I would receive with Comcast Cable. Is there a way to MAP it or somehow receive this channel. The VOOM tech did not have an answer for me... Would an upgraded antenna work?

THANKS!

eg9

If these channels are not mapped (are not listed your PG), antenna would make no difference. First of all, go to www.antennaweb.org and check if these channels broadcast in digital in your area. If they don't, you wouldn't be able to map them.

Well not until the next software update anyway...

It's supposed to allow for manual scanning of OTA channels. It should be available mid-may or so, apparently.

Ilya said:
If these channels are not mapped (are not listed your PG), antenna would make no difference. First of all, go to www.antennaweb.org and check if these channels broadcast in digital in your area. If they don't, you wouldn't be able to map them.

Actually the way around this, if they are digital stations and if you have a TV with a built-in HD tuner, is to hook the antenna feed into your TV instead of the Voom box and do your TV's channel setup/scan. I actually have my locals set up like that on my Hitachi. I like the way the Hitachi automatically zooms 4:3 content and its easier to check the signal strength too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)