Adding Protection Plan after something breaks

paultry

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 13, 2009
Southeast Alabama
I've read here in the past that the $7/mo Protection Plan may be added to cover a component after a failure. My 3 1/2 year old 722k died last night. I had Protection Plan coverage for the first 6 months of service when the 722k was new, but none since. Terms and Conditions of the Protection Plan require that, "the Product is in proper operating condition at the start of the Plan's coverage". Is DISH enforcing this provision now or will the 722k be covered if I add the Protection Plan before reporting the failure?

First do you own it or does DISH own it? Leased receivers are covered with out protection plan you just pay shipping charges. Most receivers today are leased from DISH.

The Protection Plan can be added on to the account at any time for the $7. Just keep in mind if it is removed within 120 days of it being added, there is a downgrade fee of $25. If you would like me to look into setting up the replacement with the Protection Plan, just send me a PM with the account #!

First do you own it or does DISH own it? Leased receivers are covered with out protection plan you just pay shipping charges. Most receivers today are leased from DISH.
Leased. As I understand the fees, two-way shipping is $32 while $35 of Protection Plan covers shipping now and any problems with the replacement receiver for the next 5 months (to get past the cancellation fee period).

It used to be $15 for shipping a leased receiver, check with TommyF@DISHNETWORK for current rules the way DISH has been ripping us off I wouldn't be surprised by new higher fees.

Leased. As I understand the fees, two-way shipping is $32 while $35 of Protection Plan covers shipping now and any problems with the replacement receiver for the next 5 months (to get past the cancellation fee period).

It's $17, not two-way, and 120 days = 4 months.

The fees exhibit in the current residential agreement shows $15 to deliver the replacement unit and $17 to return the (broken) leased receiver. I figured they'd charge both. Maybe not. And the $25 cancellation fee applies if the protection plan is cancelled within the first 120 days. Get past that and you'd be into the fifth month, thus the $35. I've sent a PM to Tommy for clarification and am awaiting a response.

The fees exhibit in the current residential agreement shows $15 to deliver the replacement unit and $17 to return the (broken) leased receiver. I figured they'd charge both. Maybe not. And the $25 cancellation fee applies if the protection plan is cancelled within the first 120 days. Get past that and you'd be into the fifth month, thus the $35. I've sent a PM to Tommy for clarification and am awaiting a response.

It's just $17. No, the plan is prorated and thus, if you cancel on day 121, they will only charge you an additional 23-24 cents, making for $28.24.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)