Adventures in Dish Hunting 2009

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My sister called and said she has a dish laying next to her house, and for me to get it out of there. Anybody seen one like this and have a clue what it might be? :confused:

looks just like a Paraclipse hydro, they had a funny mount with bars coming out like in the picture. have a friend that uses that same style dish, 1.2meter (4 foot across) as a ku only dish (prime focus) an it works very well.

looks just like a Paraclipse hydro, they had a funny mount with bars coming out like in the picture. have a friend that uses that same style dish, 1.2meter (4 foot across) as a ku only dish (prime focus) an it works very well.

Thanks for the info, Captain. My sister lives about an hour south of me and I'll be grabbing it on my next trip. She wasn't sure if they had a receiver with it or not, should be interesting.

that big black bucket thing might be some sort of homemade TI filter?

Free Birdveiw Satellite

I swear from the pictures in this listing this is the same dish I took a picture of last week.

Sending an email now, gotta make a trip over there anyway for a 1.2m primestar my buddy at the city called me about yesterday.

This just might be a really good Good Friday!

Free Birdveiw Satellite

I swear from the pictures in this listing this is the same dish I took a picture of last week.

Sending an email now, gotta make a trip over there anyway for a 1.2m primestar my buddy at the city called me about yesterday.

This just might be a really good Good Friday!

Man, you better go get that one...the mount looks almost NEW. GREAT FIND! :up:up:up

no kidding:

Yep, that's the ugly birdie!
Don't ya just love how people find 'em eyesores when they have some dirt on the dish?

Man - you better jump on your pony and ride on over to that one!
Take several strong friends, too!

There are many stories posted on transporting them.
Linuxman, Stogie, Gabshere, and mine (in my sig) all come to mind.
Take a can of PBblaster, and don't remove the scalar if you don't have to.

DO take a cameraman/woman for snaps as you dismantle it and wrap it up for transport.
It'll be an all-day job.
Oh, and look into making sure you can remove the big top bolt in the mount.
1 1/4 or 1 1/8th? I don't recall, but it's in the message threads - so be prepared.

BV perf

Here's an 8 1/2' Birdview perf I harvested a while back. This dish travelled to the MO Ozarks by way of Orange, TX, it was never erected here. I also got the BV receiver, LNB and some BV literature.

The ex-Owner's brother-in-law (now deceased) actually worked at the BV plant in Chanute, KS for a number of years.

It was laying in a fence/tree line and falling limbs from the ice storm we had in 2007 damaged the feed support arms. All bolts and nuts came out with ease, no penetrating lube required. :)

Points of interest: 110:1 ratio mount (extremely clean!), factory "crimped" mounting tube bottom.

Attachments

• Sat BV3 Motor2.JPG
    Sat BV3 Motor2.JPG
    169.9 KB · Views: 143
  • Sat BV3 Mount Tube.JPG
    Sat BV3 Mount Tube.JPG
    407.4 KB · Views: 134
  • Sat BV3 Phlat Perf2.jpg
    Sat BV3 Phlat Perf2.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 161
  • Sat BV3 On Truck.JPG
    Sat BV3 On Truck.JPG
    267.9 KB · Views: 157
  • Sat BV3 Mount.JPG
    Sat BV3 Mount.JPG
    256.3 KB · Views: 144
Points of interest: 110:1 ratio mount (extremely clean!), factory "crimped" mounting tube bottom.

Very nice find the Birdview perf That I got a while back At the first of the year Had one of those 110:1 ratio mounts as well I wonder how much of a advantage It has over the 37:1 ratio mount .

Great looking dish Phlatwound!!!

The support arms are no hill for a stepper. You'll have those fixed up in no time.

Looking forward to your farm as it goes into the air soon. :)

Excellent Score Phlatwound!

That perf reflector looks to be in excellent condition! It's going to clean up to be a killer dish. Look forward to seeing your progress.

I have the same multiturn pot as a sensor on mine.

I wonder what sort of mechanical wizardry our green friend is cooking up for magnet wheels with super resoultion as a better than factory retro on these............

Free 10 Foot Solid

A guy was stopping into the office across the street from me on Monday and he saw my dishes in the parking lot so he came over and we struck up a conversation. Long story short, he has a dish that he said I could have if I wanted it.

I told him I would stop by on Wednesday to take pictures, measure and see if I could use it.

I stopped by there on Wednesday and took the pics below.

I can't identify the dish, but the guy said he would try and contact the dealer who installed it to see what make and model it is.

The dish measures a full 10 foot 6 inches diameter. It is solid aluminum in sections. It has the longest actuator I have ever seen. Must be at least 5 foot in length, and is a Saginaw brand.

It looks to be in great shape. I didn't detect any hail damage, and when I tried to shake it, it was rock solid. No slop, flex, or movement even in the button-hook. :cool:

I need another dish like a hole in the head, and frankly, don't have the energy for this kind of dish. The guys just wants to get rid of it, so it is free to anyone who lives near Troy, MO. I will introduce you to the guy and you can make arrangements to get it directly.

I think it would make a great dish. :)

Here are the pics:

10-foot-solid.jpg 10-foot-solid2.jpg 10-foot-solid3.jpg 10-foot-solid4.jpg 10-foot-solid5.jpg 10-foot-solid6.jpg

It's an ADM.....most of them took a 52" jack...it's a Saginaw...$$$$$...

It's ironic because I was talking to a friend today about a 13 foot ADM he used to have...

Looks commercial, that is the weirdest actuator I've seen. If I had one of them, I could just run it out of the window !

I found a 10 foot paraclipse classic today on craigslist. Looks to be intact and in good shape.Ifinally got the Birdview up to my South Caroloina house, now what to do with the Paraclipse, replace my 8 foot Channel Master here or send that one to S.C. also? I think it will make a good atlantic sat dish with the actuator on the left side.

I found a 10 foot paraclipse classic today on craigslist. Looks to be intact and in good shape.Ifinally got the Birdview up to my South Caroloina house, now what to do with the Paraclipse, replace my 8 foot Channel Master here or send that one to S.C. also? I think it will make a good atlantic sat dish with the actuator on the left side.

Good deal. Was that the one in Port Saint Lucie? I had my eye on it but could not get over there.
Your old 6' is doing well. :)

Yep that was the one.Going to get it Saturday.Glad you got the six footer going.Did you use the HH180 or put it up fixed?

Fixed on G16. I could not overcome the LOS issues so that is where it will stay for now.
Btw, I scored a 7.5' BUD for my TN place on my last trip up there. With a bunch of ID help from the forum it turned out to be an Odom dish. I hope to get it working on my next trip up there.
Glad to hear you got your BV up to SC.

OK, I found a couple of dishes this week, one I can use, and one I can't.

On top of the local distro center for FedEx is an unused dish, not sure of the size or make, haven't been up on their roof yet, but THAT one is coming home with me.

Then this morning as I was driving to work, I wanted to stop off at the gas station and fill up, and WOW, off to my left was a large in fairly good shape black mesh maybe 10' BUD.

I can't use this one, but if there is anyone in the Bullhead City area, or Kingman that want's to PM me, I'll get this dish for them... The owner of the house said I could come by tomorrow (Sunday) and pull it out of the ground.

It's all there, but hasn't been used "in a while" but I DO know where a bud is for the taking.

Any takers?

Photto

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)