Adventures while dish hunting....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
View attachment 16689 View attachment 16690

My very first and only 1 Meter Primestar. I finally have one after all these months of looking.

It is going on the roof tomorrow for my set up. I liked the idea of fixed dishes on the most watched satellites for the family, I am going to put up two or three for the setup in my den.
Fred
Fred, that's the kind of P* dish I picked up about a month or so back. It has what looks like a nice way to skew the LNBF, but I've decided, that I want to skew the dish, to conform more with the way the dish looks at the satellite. So I'm going to make a bracket with multiple holes (like the numbers on a clock), that match up with the holes where the mount bolts to the dish. And I can bolt the mount to the bracket, while turning the dish for a more in-line skew to bolt the dish to. It works between my ears, so we'll see? I'll still be able to use the LNBF skew, when my holes aren't perfect, but it should make it closer.

Al

Hey Al!

That sounds like a good idea. I didn't bother with skewing anything but the LNB on the 84e I set up for the family. Geting 75% SQ on the 11720 V on G10, and 75% on White Springs with a 75e just doing it that way. The one on Hispasat is skewed with the SG2100 that I unhooked for now.

I didn't have time to make a bunch of poor man's H-H mounts. :D

Hope your idea works. I may try it myself.

Fred

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts