Please reply by conversation.

gabshere

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 20, 2006
Rison , Arkansas
ok i'm starting this thread so not to steal Fred's about his new DSR-920

this is my story :

I drive around alot on my way home from work looking at dishes mentally marking thos and thinking .... i will stop by there later and at least talk to those folks.....

I was inspired after reading Linuxman's adventures while out dish hunting, he saw a couple of old dishes and decided to stopp & talk to the owner......

well i hadn't ventured from work yet when i was having a conversation with one of my bosses ..... and i mentioned that i tinkered with satellite dishes and was receiving FTA.... thats when he told me he had an old c band dish that he didn't use anymore and it was in the way now....so guess who helped him get it out of the way..........lol

ok i went back today and picked up the dish & receiver.
its a 7 1/2 unimesh dish with a 18 inch superjack motor it also has a c/ku chaperall
corotor with a .06 cal-amp ku and a Eagle Aspen SLT 17K lnb's
the receiver is a DSR-922 and its almost like new it has two remotes ( like new) and a almost new owners manual.

here are some photos ... more to follow as i try to set it up .....
some are a little dark i will take some more tomorrow....

Happy Hunting everyone and remember always ask , you never know , you might get it....

Attachments

• 100_2312 (2).JPG
    100_2312 (2).JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 272
  • 100_2313 (2).JPG
    100_2313 (2).JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 229
  • 100_2314 (2).JPG
    100_2314 (2).JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 226
  • 100_2323 (2).JPG
    100_2323 (2).JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 227
  • 102_0419 (2).JPG
    102_0419 (2).JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 229
Wow most dish hunters get the dish and some old analog ird, getting a 4dtv is great getting a dsr 922 with the dish is amazing.

Have fun setting up.

I just noticed you have a old 922 like me a GI, you should think about getting the battery changed in the next year or two, mite want to keep it plugged in.

thanks tdti 1

i can see a sanyo laser lithium battery it looks to be a slide in.
the vcrs modual is dated july 1993 and has a yellow lithium looking battery also a slide in.

other than that i don't know anything about it ....

Ya good to change both actually I did my vc board about two years ago, got to do my 4dtv soon, keep in mind unless you have done electronic work before you may want to get a pro to do the change, a temp battery must be hooked up because losing power will kill the unit, so you can't just take the battery out and put another in, and don't do it live the 4dtv should not be powered when the cover has been removed.

out of all my dish finds. i never have gotten a 4dtv. i always got some president receiver. or a something else just analog. never have found but one ku and it was broken.

Thats a beautiful picture with the dish in the pickup (first photo) Kinda half expecting aliens to come out of the trees (the green lights) :D
Nonetheless, great news about the 4dtv and all, best wishes!

lol thanks guys lol somery :) thats kinda close " Aliens" to the story i told my boss.... you know i first started this hobby back when i really didn't know of FTA .. i was collecting Primestar Dishes from folks who didn't want them . Another one of my bosses was talking about all those dishes and we joked that i could rig them all up( i have about 6 of them) to swing back and forth slowly all the time kinda like radar and drive the FBI crazy ..... thinking what is that guy doing lol lol lol i never did it but it was a good laugh...

Don't advertise that you have a dish too loudly... aliens of the illegal type may come around asking to watch some of the foriegn language channels with you?!? lol.

not really that far lol lol
actuallt i was thinking about questions i might have :)
i did leave it on all night to charge the batteries. can go ot the menu but i don't have anything connected to it yet lol so it says "cannot find channel continuing to search..." lol

its on g0 so i will have to figure out what sat that is i took my old 10 ft dish down so i can work on it and placed the 7 1/2 on that pole and will align everything tomorroe and run coax for the ku.

got a lot of questions so i will write them down and post a few at a time :) thanks guys

"cannot find channel continuing to search"

I think it will say that until you call NPS and tell them to authorize the reciever, so you can download the maps?

ok i'm fixing up all the wires to tune the dish

the receiver is on G0 so i take it the last place the dish was pointed at was G0
so i was thinking that i can tune it and fine tune it to G10 ku and just hook my coolsat up outside to do this ..... does this sound right.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)